Each Board member of our organization affirms the expectations outlined here and strives to perform accordingly. All Board members are treated equally when it comes to the stated expectations.
Specific performance expectations are:
- Believe in and be an active advocate for the values, mission, and vision of the UKEAA and the College of Engineering.
- Regularly attend Board meetings and committee meetings. Prepare for these meetings by reviewing materials and participate in the conversation as an active member.
- Help support the Board and College of Engineering initiatives by attending alumni and student events as requested and become familiar with the programs and activities.
- Serve as an ambassador for the College of Engineering and UKEAA by seeking out and encouraging other talented alumni to volunteer for Board membership or to serve on a committee.
- Participate in at least one (1) committee and/or serve as Chair.
- Respect the authority and the decision making of the Executive Committee and provide constructive feedback regarding any issues that may arise.
- Act in a way that contributes to the effective operation of the Board and work with fellow Board members and College of Engineering staff to assure that the Board functions well. This includes but is not necessarily limited to:
- Focus on the good of the organization, independent of personal agenda, self-interest, or the influence of others. Maintain confidentiality of committee, board, and organizational work unless authorized otherwise.
- Support Board decisions once they are made.
- Support the College of Engineering’s policies and procedures for conducting business.
- Agree to reevaluate Board membership if unable to fulfill these expectations.