UK\CoEng Policies and Procedures
- Engineering Enhancement Fee FAQs
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) – Job recommendation procedure
- Laptop recommendations
- Request for room access – Request off-hours access to various CoE rooms that are controlled by electronic locks
- Permission Form to Provide a Recommendation – To allow a College of Engineering faculty or staff member to provide you with a recommendation letter you will need to fill out this form and submit it to the faculty or staff member.
- Academic Coaching- Provides individual coaching on study skills, time management, goal setting, motivation, and other important skills and resources needed to succeed in college. Location: Study North (Jewell), Boone Center (central campus) Phone: 859-218-5667
- Elbert C. Ray eStudio- Provides peer tutoring in engineering-related courses (Tau Beta Pi). Location: 3rd floor F. Paul Anderson Tower (Student Success Center)
- Engineering Tutoring – The Hardymon Center for Student Success offers free tutoring where upper-division students assist with homework and questions regarding engineering-related courses.
- Transformative Learning/The Study – Raise your study skills to the next level! Offers peer tutoring in most 100-level courses, individual academic coaching and group workshops to enhance academic skills and student success. Location: Multiple locations, including WG 3 Phone: 859-257-1356
- Mathskeller – Offers TA-led tutoring in 100-level math courses, MA 213, and MA 214. Location: Classroom Building, Room 63 (basement)
- Gen Chem Learning Center – Offers TA-led tutoring in 100-level chemistry courses. Location: Jacobs Science Bldg., Room 219
- Physics Learning Center – Offers TA-led tutoring in physics courses. Location: Chem-Physics Bldg., Room 133
- Writing Center – Offers individual and group consultations on composing and communicating for writing, speaking, and multimedia projects. Location: W.T. Young Library Hub, Room B108B
- Presentation U- Offers assistance with written, oral, visual, and digital communication projects. Location: Multiple locations and online
Please visit the Tutor Matching Service (TMS) at www.tutormatchingservice.com/uky to search for a private tutor. If you cannot find what you are looking for on the TMS, please contact your academic advisor.
- Alumni Mentoring – Want to learn what engineering is like in the real world? If you’re an engineering sophomore through senior in good academic standing, you can be matched with an engineering mentor who graduated from UK in your major!
- Education Abroad – Take your skills around the world and back, and you'll see things from a new perspective! Check out a “First Steps” session to see what opportunities await you! Location: 331 Patterson Hall Phone: 859-218-6741
- Engineering Scholarships – See what sources of aid are available for engineering majors!
- UK Financial Aid/Scholarships – Find all information on loans, grants, scholarships and more, plus contact your financial aid counselor with questions. Location: Classroom Building, Room 23 (basement)
Belonging & Engagement
- Engineering Student Organizations – Want to make new friends? Bond with other engineering students through a common interest or team project! We have something for everyone!
- Engineering LLP – Live with other committed engineering students in a friendly, goal-focused community!
- UK Student Organizations – Find a small group that you can belong to and people who share your interests!
- LGBTQ Resource Office – Provides information and services related to diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Bias Incident Support Services – Provides support and advocacy for any student, staff or faculty member impacted by bias, hatred and/or an act of identity-based violence.
- Campus Recreation – Find group classes, gym hours, intramurals, adventure trips, and more!
- UK Counseling Center – Provides confidential psychological counseling, consultations, group sessions, and workshops for currently enrolled UK students. Same-day care is available for crisis situations. Also offers self-care apps and a relaxation room that can be used by students. Location: 106 Frazee Hall Phone: 859-257-8701
- University Health Service – Offers multiple healthcare options by appointment at the University Health Service Building. Location: 830 S. Limestone Phone: 859-323-2778
- Big Blue Pantry – Provides storable food for students who are experiencing hunger and food insecurity. Bring your student ID when you visit. Check the link above for current hours.
- Disability Resource Center – Offers disability-related consultations and services for current UK students. If you have a disability or think you may have a disability and need accommodations, please contact this office. Location: Room 407 Multidisc. Sci. Bldg. Phone: 859-257-2754
- VIP Center – Provides support and educational programming that sustain a campus culture of accountability regarding violence and oppression.
- UK Financial Wellness – Learn how to effectively handle your evolving financial needs, from living on a budget to paying for school. Individual financial coaching is available! Location: 331 Patterson Hall Phone: 859-218-6741
- Student Success Advisor- Offers individual consultations and resources for engineering students who are considering a major change either inside or outside the College of Engineering. Contact Susan Herrick, Student Success Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org 859-257-4881 to set up a meeting. Location: Virtual (Via Zoom or phone)
- Engineering Career Development- Provides career counseling for engineering students, freshman through senior levels. Includes information on career planning, internships, cooperative education (co-ops), career fairs, resumes, and engineering job opportunities. Location: 3rd floor F. Paul Anderson Tower (Student Success Center)
- Stuckert Career Center- Provides in-depth interest and skills assessments, career counseling, and experiential learning opportunities for students who are either uncertain about, or considering changing, their major. Location: 408 Rose St. Phone: 859-257-2746
- GPA Calculator- Calculates your semester and cumulative GPAs based on the grades you predict in your current courses.
- UK Major Finder- Provides info on careers commonly associated with any UK major or minor, plus a list of courses you would take for that program. Click on “All Programs” for a complete list of UK offerings.