Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Consistent with the vision and mission statements of the University of Kentucky and the College of Engineering, the undergraduate program in mechanical engineering will prepare our graduates for successful practice or academic pursuits in mechanical engineering. We expect our graduates to attain the following Program Educational Objectives:
- Our graduates will be employed in mechanical engineering or a variety of related fields as professionals, or attend graduate and professional schools in their career paths.
- Our graduates will continue their education and professional growth by supporting or participating in professional societies, licensure programs, short courses or other professional development activities.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
Our undergraduate students will attain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation
|AY||Fall Enrollment*||Spring Enrollment*||Graduates**|
*Some of our first-year students enter undeclared and are not included in Fall and Spring enrollments for the individual programs but are included in the College numbers.
*Enrollment Numbers include Paducah
**Graduates include December, May and August. For example, 2017-18 graduates are December 2017, May 2018 and August 2018.