Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of the Computer Engineering program at the University of Kentucky will:
- Establish themselves as practicing professionals meeting or exceeding the expectations of their employers
- Continue their professional development or pursue formal education to earn advanced degrees and/or certifications
- Demonstrate leadership in their professional endeavors and/or in their communities
Student Outcomes (SOs)
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation
|AY||Fall Enrollment*||Spring Enrollment*||Graduates**|
*Some of our first-year students enter undeclared and are not included in Fall and Spring enrollments for the individual programs but are included in the College numbers.
**Graduates include December, May and August. For example, 2017-18 graduates are December 2017, May 2018 and August 2018.