To provide education, research and service in a scholarly environment in a way that:
- prepares our students for successful professional careers;
- addresses the changing needs of our other constituents; and
- responds to the technological challenges facing the Commonwealth and the Nation.
The University of Kentucky College of Engineering will be internationally recognized for educating students to meet the global engineering challenges of the 21st century, for conducting pioneering research for the advancement of our society and for serving the needs of the citizens of Kentucky and the nation. We will be ranked as one of the top 50 colleges of engineering in the United States by 2020.
We support the values of the University, and in particular we value:
- academic excellence and freedom;
- assessment and continuous improvement of our programs/processes;
- success of our students and seek to know them personally;
- professional development of our students and engineering practitioners;
- the personal and professional development of our faculty and staff;
- diversity among our students, faculty and staff; and
- being a collaborative part of the University of Kentucky.
Our Strategic Plan:
The University of Kentucky College of Engineering possesses a compelling future. Over the past few years we have identified strategic target areas and specific initiatives that will ensure the Commonwealth’s flagship university remains not only the top-ranked engineering college in Kentucky but one of the top 50 ranked colleges of engineering in the nation. However, “top 50” is more than a number; it is a way of thinking and behaving that is characteristic of the elite engineering programs in the country. Our pathway to becoming top 50 consists of an ever-widening loop of educational, technological and economic success that emanates throughout the Commonwealth, the nation and the world. View our Strategic Plan here (pdf).