Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Our graduates will practice mechanical engineering in a variety of fields as professionals and/or be recruited to graduate and professional schools in their career paths.
- Our graduates will communicate effectively, work in diverse teams, address the challenges of a global society and exhibit leadership, ethics and creativity in their work places.
- Our graduates will value continuing education and professional growth by supporting or participating in professional societies, licensure programs, short courses or other professional development activities.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation
|AY||Fall Enrollment*||Spring Enrollment*||Graduates**|
*Some of our first-year students enter undeclared and are not included in Fall and Spring enrollments for the individual programs but are included in the College numbers.
**Graduates include December, May and August. For example, 2017-18 graduates are December 2017, May 2018 and August 2018.