This year, Amna Al-Jumaily was selected by the Dean of the College, Rudy Buchheit, to be the Chair of YAPCO.
“I was honored to be part of the first YAPCO class two years ago and I’m glad I’m still part of YAPCO, now in this leadership role,” said Al-Jumaily. “It’s been incredibly rewarding. We get to feel connected to the current engineering students and give back to the same student organizations many of us were involved with ourselves.”
Al-Jumaily is one of 40 young alumni members of YAPCO. Together, the growing group will work to pool their resources to impact the college’s students, faculty and alums.
“One of the goals of YAPCO is to inspire current students to give back after they graduate, like we are,” said Al-Jumaily. “I remember meeting philanthropic alumni while I was a student, and it really made an impact on me. I hope that students see us making a difference for them and want to do the same after they graduate. We want to help cultivate a cycle of generosity in the UK College of Engineering.”
YAPCO’s first in-person meeting of the year will be on Friday, September 30, 2022. They will meet with the Dean’s Advisory Council, the college’s Campaign Committee and college leadership. The council will also hear pitches from current engineering student organizations applying for funding from YAPCO. Last year, YAPCO provided funding for the Society of Women Engineers, the Association for Computing Machinery, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and the college’s Innovation Center.
The newest members are:
- William Berry (BSCS 2021), Docker Inc.
- Alex Castle (BSCHE 2010), Old Dominick Distillery
- Courtney Eastman (BSCHE 2007), Eastman Chemical Company
- Sarah Fay (BSMNG 2019), The Mosaic Company
- Lauren Haddigan (BSCHE 2019), Toyota Motor North America
- Andrew Jenkins (BSEE 2007), Trane Technologies
- Mika Maynard Roberts (BSME 2019), Honda Development and Mfg. of America
- Maria Morales Menendez (BSBAE 2014), Tenet Healthcare
- Joshua Napiwocki (BSCHE 2019), Spec Engineering
- Thomas Ostertag (BSCHE 2020), Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Rory Pope (BSCE 2016), Spectra Contract Flooring
- Kevin Richards (BSME 2021), Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- William Sanders IV (BSME 2018), United Airlines
- Damarcus Smiley (BSCHE 2018), Eckart
- Brian Stucker (BSEE 2013), Amazon Web Services
- Steven “Zeb” Vance (BSBAE 2013), Bio-Rad Laboratories
For more information about the Young Alumni Philanthropy Council, please contact Christie Priddy at Christie.Priddy@uky.edu.