Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship
Critical Systems, Inc. provides products and services for companies developing micro and nano technologies. We developed the Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship last year, and this will continue for years to come. We are offering two scholarships per year to 3rd and 4th year undergrad students in the engineering, math, and/or science that are showing an interest in these technologies.
Open period for fall scholarship application: March 15 – April 30
Open period for spring scholarship applicant: September 15 – October 31
To be eligible for a Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship, students must meet and/or demonstrate the following:
- Current Junior or Senior standing at an accredited United States university
- Official transcripts that confirm a cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0 or higher.
- Enrollment in your school’s college of engineering or material sciences (or equivalent), with at least 12 credit hours completed towards your major.
- Completed at least 6 credit hours of classroom and/or lab work towards your minor/certificate/specialized area of study that utilizes micro and/or nano technologies. These credit hours can be can be part of the overall 12 credit hour requirement.
- Successful completion of the application form and written essays
- Financial situation and/or monetary awards previous scholarships have no bearing on this scholarship award
For questions and how to apply, please visit this link: Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship
Buildium’s Build U Scholarship
- Two $2,500 cash scholarships will be awarded.
- One scholarship will be awarded in the fall, another in the spring.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of members of the Buildium Marketing team, with input from other teams. The decision of the committee will be based on originality and quality of writing.
- For application deadlines, see link below.
For details, visit http://www.buildium.com/buildiums-build-u-scholarship/
Various Scholarships for Women
For details, visit http://www.affordablecolleges.com/resources/scholarships-for-women/
Mary Michael McDonald
College of Engineering
University of Kentucky
369 Ralph G. Anderson Building
Lexington, KY 40506
Phone: (859) 257-0569
Fax: (859) 257-5727