2011 – Present: Director Kentucky Center of Excellence for Watershed Management
2010 – Present: Associate Director, UK Superfund Basic Research Program
2005 – Present: Director, Research Translation Core, UK Superfund Basic Research Program
2004 – Present: Director, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute
2003 – Present: Raymond Blythe Endowed Professor of Civil Engineering
2003 – 2009: Director. Kentucky Research Consortium for Energy and the Environment
2001-2002: Director, Tracy Farmer Center for the Environment
1999-2004: Kentucky River Basin Coordinator
1999-2001: Associate Director, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute
1998-1999: Acting Director, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute
1997-1998: Visiting Researcher – Kentucky Environmental Protection Agency
1996-2003: Full Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky
1995-1996: Associate Director, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute
1989-1996: Associate Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky
1983-1989: Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky
1979-1981: Project Engineer, Howard K. Bell Consulting Engineers
University of Kentucky B.S.C.E. 1978 Civil Engineering
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University M.S. 1979 Civil Engineering
Purdue University Ph.D 1983 Civil Engineering
- Coyle, E., Ormsbee, L., Brion, G., (2014) “Peracetic Acid as an Alternative Disinfection Technology for Wet Weather Flows”, WEF Water Environment Research Vol. 86 (8), pp.675-686
- Ormsbee, L., Kipp, J., Hoover, A., (2014) “Stakeholder Engagement in Public Natural Resource Management,” Proceedings, iEMS, San Diego, CA, July 15-19, 2014
- Ormsbee, L., Kipp, J., Albritton, B., (2014) “Community Visions for Floyds Fork Watershed”, Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute, University of Kentucky, Lexington KY 40506, June 2014, 287pp
- Ormsbee, L., (2013) “An Artificial Neural Network Model of Human Behavior: A Proposed Framework for Investigation of the Question of Free Will”, JACMS
- Gui, M., Ormsbee, L., Bhattacharyya, D., (2013) “Reactive Functionalized Membranes for Polychlorinated biphenyl Degradation”, ACS Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry do.doi.org/10.102/le400507c
- Ormsbee, L., and McAlister, (2013) “M. Watershed Management Activities in the Kentucky River Basin”, ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000398.
- Hennig, B., Ormsbee, L., McClain, C., Watkins, B., Blumberg, B. Bachas, L., Sanderson, W., Gatchett, A, Lambert, J, Thompson, C., Suk, W. (2012) “Nutrition Can Modulate the Toxicity of Environmental Pollutants: Implications in Risk Assessment and Human Health”, Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol. 120, (6), pp. 771-774.
- Ormsbee, L, and Lingireddy, S., (1997) “Calibrating Hydraulic Network Models,” Journal of the AWWA, Vol 89, (2), pp 42-50.
- Ormsbee, L.E., and Lansey, K.E., (1994) “Optimal Control of Water Supply Pumping,” ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 120, (2), pp. 237-252.
- Ormsbee, L.E. and Khan, A.Q., (1989) “A Parametric Model for Steeply Sloping Forested Watersheds,” Water Resources Research, Vol. 25 (9), pp. 2053-2065
- Ormsbee, L.E., (1989) “Rainfall Disaggregation for Continuous Hydrologic Modeling,” ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 115 (4), pp. 507-528.
- Ormsbee L.E., Walski, T.M., Chase, D.V., and Sharp, W.W., (1989) “Methodology for Improving Pump Operation Efficiency,” ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 115 (2), pp. 148-164.
Significant Research Accomplishments
- Co-developer of KYPIPE software for water distribution analysis
- Co-developer of functionalized membrane technology for water treatment
- Developer of Kentucky Nutrient Model
- Developer of integrated stakeholder engagement methodology for environmental management
- Developer of water distribution modeling research database for use by international research community
- Developer of rainfall disaggregation model incorporated into the Stormwater Management Model (SWMM)
- Developer of nonlinear optimization protocol for integration of simulation programs
Mathematical Modeling of Hydraulic and Hydrologic Systems
Functionalized Membranes for Water Treatment
Water Distribution System Modeling
Water Supply Planning
Operations Research/Systems Analysis