Jan 2019 – Present: Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky
Oct 2015 – Dec 2018: Lead Engineer(2018) / Research Engineer (2015-2018), GE Global Research, New York
Dec 2014 – Sept 2015: Hardware Development Engineer, Rockwell Automation, Wisconsin
Jun 2013 – Dec 2013: Research Intern, Eaton Global Research & Technology, Wisconsin
Sept 2010 – Aug 2015: Research Assistant, Marquette University, Wisconsin
Ph.D., Marquette University, Electrical Engineering, 2015
Power Electronics and Electric Motor Drives
Fault-Tolerant Power Conversion Systems
Transportation Electrifications (EVs, MEAs, etc.)
Applications of Wide Bandgap Switching Devices
Microgrid and Renewable Energy Integration
- Zhang, J. He and D. Pan, "A Megawatt-Scale Medium-Voltage High Efficiency High Power Density “SiC+Si” Hybrid Three-Level ANPC Inverter for Aircraft Hybrid-Electric Propulsion Systems," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 2019.
- He et al., "Multi-Domain Design Optimization of dv/dt Filter For SiC-based Three-Phase Inverters in High-Frequency Motor-Drive Applications," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 2019.
- Wang, Z. Wang, Z. Xu, J. He and W. Zhao, "Diagnosis and Tolerance of Common Electrical Faults in T-type Three-level Inverters Fed Dual Three-phase PMSM Drives," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2019.
- Katebi, J. He and N. Weise, "Investigation of Fault-Tolerant Capabilities in an Advanced Three-Level Active T-Type Converter," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 446-457, March 2019.
- Zhang, J. He and S. Madhusoodhanan, "Three-Level Two-Stage Decoupled Active NPC Converter With Si IGBT and SiC MOSFET," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 6169-6178, Nov.-Dec. 2018.
- Katebi, J. He and N. Weise, "An Advanced Three-Level Active Neutral-Point-Clamped Converter With Improved Fault-Tolerant Capabilities," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 6897-6909, Aug. 2018.
- He, R. Katebi, N. Weise, N. A. O. Demerdash and L. Wei, "A Fault-Tolerant T-Type Multilevel Inverter Topology With Increased Overload Capability and Soft-Switching Characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 2826-2839, May-June 2017.
- He, N. A. O. Demerdash, N. Weise and R. Katebi, "A Fast On-Line Diagnostic Method for Open-Circuit Switch Faults in SiC-MOSFET-Based T-Type Multilevel Inverters," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 2948-2958, May-June 2017.
- He, R. Katebi and N. Weise, "A Current-Dependent Switching Strategy for Si/SiC Hybrid Switch-Based Power Converters," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 64, no. 10, pp. 8344-8352, Oct. 2017.
- Zhang, G. Y. Sizov, J. He, D. M. Ionel and N. A. O. Demerdash, "Calculation of Magnet Losses in Concentrated-Winding Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Machines Using a Computationally Efficient Finite-Element Method," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 2524-2532, Nov.-Dec. 2013.
IEEE IAS AWS Outstanding Young Member Achievement Award, 2019
GE Global Research Whitney Technology Excellence Award, 2018
IEEE IAS Electric Machine Committee Prize Paper Award, 2013