ul 2007 – present, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Feb 2002 – Jun 2007 , Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Jul 2000 – Jan 2002 ,Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, National Center for Transportation and Industrial Productivity, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ
Jan 1999 – Jun 2000, Principal Planner, New Jersey Center for Transportation Information and Decision Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ
May 1992 – Jul 1995, Lecturer, Department of Transportation Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China
Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China Material Science and Engineering 1989
Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China Transportation Engineering 1992
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ Transportation 1999
- An, M. and M. Chen (2007) Estimating Non-motorized Travel Demand, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No.2002, 18-25.
- Xia, J. and M. Chen (2007) A Nested Clustering Procedure for Traffic Condition Classification, Journal of Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol.22, No.6, 430-437.
- Xia, J. and M. Chen (2007) Defining Traffic Flow Phases using ITS-Generated Data, Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems. Vol.11, No.1, 15-24.
- Chen, M., J. Xia, and R. Liu (2006) Develop a Strategy for Imputing Missing Volume Data, Journal of Transportation Research Forum. Vol.45, No.3, 57-75.
- Gong, H., M. Chen, J. Mayes, and R. Bostrom (2006) Speed Estimation for Air Quality Analysis, Journal of Transportation and Statistics. Vol.9, No.1, 29-38.
- Chen, M. and X. Liu (2005) Using Neural Network to Analyze Passenger Activity and Its Impact on Bus Dwell Time and Travel Time, Journal of Transportation Research Forum. Vol.44, No.3, 131-141.
- Chen, M., X. Liu and J. Xia (2005) Dynamic Prediction Method with Schedule Recovery Impact for Bus Arrival Time, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No.1923, 208-217.
- Chen, M., D. Bernstein, and L. Spasovic (2004) Toll Design Problem with Stochastic Route Choice, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Vol.31, 731-742.
- Chen, M., X. Liu, J. Xia, and S. Chien (2004) A Dynamic Bus Arrival Time Prediction Model Based on APC Data, Journal of Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol.19, No.5, 364-376.
- Chen, M. and D. Bernstein (2004) Solving the Toll Design Problem with Multiple User Groups, Transportation Research Part B, Vol.38, 61-79.
My research team is focused on integrating advanced data analytics and emerging data sources into transportation planning, operations, and safety analysis. Our goal is to improve the mobility and safety of the nation's transportation system through the use of innovative data-driven approaches.
Intelligent Transportation Systems
Traffic Simulation and Forecasting
Transportation Network Modeling
Transportation System Analysis