Interested in engineering new sources of fuel, pharmaceuticals and novel plastics, metals and electronic devices? Professors in the Department of Chemical Engineering will show you how:
- The breadth and flexibility of chemical engineering enables graduates to work on some of the most exciting and demanding challenges presented by areas as diverse as energy generation and sustainability; environmental protection; medicine and biotechnology; transportation and housing.
- Chemical engineering students may pursue a specialized biopharmaceutical track, which offers classes within the College of Pharmacy—one of the top 10 pharmacy schools in the country.
- Students can receive recognition for concentrating their studies with certificates in environmental engineering and nano-scale engineering.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- Chemical and Biopharmaceutical Engineering Certificate
The University of Kentucky Chemical Engineering and Materials Engineering undergraduate programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. For more information on ABET visit www.abet.org.