All activities conducted by the Chemical Engineering faculty and staff are focused on the achievement of our mission and vision statements, as follows:
Vision Statement of the Program
- To be recognized both nationally and internationally for excellence in chemical engineering
- To be of service to the citizens of the Commonwealth
- To be the preferred choice of students seeking chemical engineering education, companies hiring chemical engineering graduates and organizations seeking engineering knowledge
Mission Statement of the Program
- To provide education, research and service in a scholarly environment
- To prepare our students for successful professional careers
- To meet the needs of our constituents
- To extend the body of knowledge
- To improve the quality of life
Educational Objectives of the Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Program:
Graduates of the chemical engineering program at the University of Kentucky will:
- Excel in their chosen career pathways, as practicing chemical engineers or through the pursuit of advanced technical or professional degrees.
- Impact their profession through effective leadership that promotes diversity and inclusion, communication, teamwork, and creative solution strategies to address global and societal issues.
- Apply their engineering training to contribute to health, safety, equity, and the environmental and economic well-being of their communities.
- Be professionally responsible, ethical, and seek out continuing education, professional development and career advancement opportunities to positively impact society.