Scholarships for Current Civil Engineering Students
It is easy to apply by using ScholarshipUniverse!
The Civil Engineering Department is committed to making scholarship opportunities available and easy to apply to. You only apply once and will be considered for over 40 different scholarships.
- Each application will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. The committee will decide if a scholarship will be awarded, and if so, the amount of the award.
- Engineering scholarships are awarded for one academic year, in two equal amounts, for the fall and spring semesters.
- Most engineering scholarships are partial scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000.The College of Engineering offers dozens of specific scholarships. However, one application serves for all available engineering scholarships.
- The application will be available in January and the deadline to apply is April 15. Students will be notified in August if they have received a scholarship. Please apply at ScholarshipUniverse.
How do I login to ScholarshipUniverse?
- Click here to access ScholarshipUniverse.
- Enter your UK linkblue email and password.
- Answer all student profile questions provided.
- Click the "Applications" tab
- Select “Pigman College of Engineering Current Student Scholarship Application”. You will be considered for ALL Civil Engineering scholarships within this application.
- There are other scholarships within that tab you are welcome to apply for.
- If you want to seek additional scholarships, click on the “Scholarships” tab to begin applying for outside/external scholarships. Check this link periodically for any new outside/external scholarships.
Application Opens: Mid-January
Deadline to Apply: April 15th
Notification of Award: August
If you have questions, please reach out to Mary-Michael Deskins.
College of Engineering
University of Kentucky
355-R.F. Paul Anderson Tower
Lexington, KY 40506
Phone: (859) 257-0569
Scholarships for Incoming Transfer Students
The Stanley and Karen Pigman College of Engineering Dean’s Scholarships for incoming Transfer Students are used to support outstanding transfer students. The University of Kentucky College of Engineering awards scholarships to incoming engineering students transferring from another college, community college or university. Scholarships are available for students entering UK during both the fall and the spring semester.
Fall Deadline: June 15
Spring Deadline: December 10
Each applicant must satisfy all University of Kentucky requirements for entrance into a College of Engineering degree program before being considered for these scholarships. Please visit Scholarship Universe to apply once you have been accepted to UK. Read more information about the Stanley and Karen Pigman College of Engineering transfer scholarships.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Scholarship/Program
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Civil Engineering Scholarship Program began in 1948. Currently there are 80 scholarship openings each year and they are filled with returning students and new students. KYTC awards 10-20 scholarships to new students each year who are either attending or planning to attend the University of Kentucky (UK), Western Kentucky University (WKU), or University of Louisville J. B. Speed School of Engineering (UofL) to obtain a Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE). Students may also attend pre-engineering courses at Kentucky State University (KSU), Kentucky Community and Technical College System, or other Kentucky state colleges or universities, and then finish their Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering at UK, WKU, or UofL.
The Civil Engineering Scholarship can be worth over $59,000! Some of the benefits during and after completion of the Scholarship Program are:
- 4-year scholarship
- $7,200/semester for freshmen and sophomores
- $7,600/semester for juniors and seniors
- Job placement after graduation
- A potentially rewarding and lucrative career
Deadline to apply for this scholarship is February 1.
For more information contact:
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
200 Mero Street
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: (502) 564-3730
Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. EST, M-F