The minimum entry requirements for admission into the College of Engineering as a first-time freshmen student is both:
- ACT math score of 25 or higher, or the SAT equivalent of 590 or higher, and an
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Additionally, students must meet the minimum Kentucky statewide academic readiness requirements for Reading and Writing to be admitted to the College of Engineering:
- Reading: Students must have an ACT Reading subscore of 20 or above (or SAT subscore of 25 or above in Critical Reading);
- English/Writing: Students must have an ACT English subscore of 18 or above (or SAT of 25 or above in Writing).
Alternative Admission Routes
For students who meet the high school GPA requirement but not the ACT or SAT math requirement, alternative admission routes include:
- A score of 3 or above on the Calculus AB portion of the Advanced Placement Exam, or
- Eligibility to enter MA 110 based on the proctored UK Math Department Placement Exam. To learn more about the proctored ALEKS math placement exam and to register to take it, click here.
Students who are not initially admitted into the College of Engineering may apply at a later date as a transfer student.