fbpx Transfer Students | University of Kentucky College of Engineering

Transfer Students

If you are a high school graduate (or GED recipient) who has completed one full-time semester (12 or more credits) as a degree candidate at another college or university, you must apply to the UK COE as a transfer applicant.

To be accepted to the College of Engineering, transfer students must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.5 and have completed MA 110 or its equivalent (or MA 109 and 112 or their equivalencies) with a grade of B or higher. Students who do not receive a B in these courses but who have completed calculus courses required in the Engineering curricula will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

If you have already selected a major, have completed more than 30 hours of coursework, and have completed or are eligible to take Calculus 1, you can take EGR 215 (Introduction to the Practice of Engineering for Transfer Students) your first semester. EGR 215 covers the professional skills, design methods and problem-solving strategies used by all types of engineers and computer scientists. Teamwork, documenting the design process and prototyping will allow teams to build a device or process for a given design challenge..

Anyone who does not meet the requirements above or is still considering their options for a major is welcome to take EGR 101 and EGR 103 in place of EGR 215 to fully explore the engineering and computer science degree programs offered at UK. If you have already taken a programming course such as CS 115, you may not need to take EGR 102. The combination of EGR courses you select can be taken concurrently.

See below for more details about transferring to the UK College of Engineering.

Deadlines and more information can be found at UK's Transfer Undergraduate Admissions page.