Priority registration advising instructions for CS sophomores, juniors and seniors ONLY
CS sophomores, juniors, and seniors are required to meet with their assigned CS academic advisor (Kathy Ice-Wedding or Stephen Hicks) at least once each priority registration advising season to receive academic advising and to have their academic advisor hold lifted prior to the opening of their priority registration window. CS freshmen are to contact their College of Engineering freshman academic advisor for priority registration advising instructions.
Winter 2020/2021 and Spring 2021 Priority Registration windows open:
- October 27, 2020 for Project Graduate Program
- October 28-29, 2020 for Honors and Students with Disabilities
- October 30, 2020 & November 2, 2020 for Seniors
- November 3, 2020 for Juniors
- November 4-5, 2020 for Sophomores
Your exact registration window will be available in your myUK “Plan and Register” tab no later than September 18, 2020.
Priority Registration Academic Advising Process: 5 Steps
- Schedule a priority registration academic advising appointment with your assigned CS academic advisor
- Email assigned CS academic advisor, notifying them of the meeting mode you will use for your scheduled appointment.
- Run CS degree audit and pre-plan courses in myUK course planner.
- Check myUK for any holds on your record.
- Keep your appointment.
See below for detailed information for each step.
1) Schedule a priority registration academic advising appointment with your assigned CS academic advisor. Appointments will be available from September 15- November 6, 2020. Appointments are available in 30-minute increments, and a typical advising appointment will last 20-30 minutes. To follow suggested COVID-19 health measures, all appointments will be done virtually via Zoom or over the phone this semester.
To schedule an appointment, use the instructions below. (This system works best with Firefox and Chrome browsers.)
- Log on to myUK.
- Click on the myInfo tab.
- Click on the link at left that says, "My Appointments."
- Select College of Engineering.
- Click on Priority Registration 30.
- Select appointment date and double click on the appointment time you desire.
- Then click on "Create Appointment." You should see a confirmation that your appointment has been scheduled. You will receive an email on your UK email account confirming your appointment.
- Click on "Close Appointment" and log off.
- You will receive a second email reminder 72 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, log on to myUK and re-enter the appointment scheduler to make your changes.
Priority registration advising appointments are limited prior to the opening of priority registration windows, so if you wait to schedule your appointment – or if you miss your appointment – you may delay your registration until the Add/Drop window (November 16, 2020).
2) Email the assigned CS academic advisor, notifying them of the meeting mode you will use for your scheduled appointment. Meeting mode options are Zoom and phone. CS academic advisor's contact information is below.
Your assigned CS academic advisor will reply to your email, confirming your meeting mode selection and providing you with needed meeting information (i.e., Zoom meeting link).
3) Run a CS degree audit and plan courses in your myUK course planner. Prior to your advising appointment, please log into your myUK GPS Planner and plan courses for the Winter 2020/2021 semester (if applicable) and Spring 2021 semester. Pre-planning your courses is required by UK and the College of Engineering. To learn how to use the myUK GPS Planner to plan courses, visit <www.uky.edu/registrar/sites/www.uky.edu.registrar/files/reginstructions_0.pdf>.
If you fail to plan your courses, you will be asked to reschedule your advising appointment due to your lack of preparation. This could result in a delay of your course registration as appointments fill rapidly.
4) Check myUK for any holds on your record and address them. An “advisor hold” is normal; this will be lifted after you have met with your academic advisor. You will not be able to register until all holds are cleared.
5) Keep your appointment. Please be courteous of everyone’s time – the myUK Appointment system allows for cancellations 24 hrs in advance and/or email the advisor of your circumstances
for last-minute cancellations. If you are late for your appointment, please understand you may need to reschedule.
Faculty advising, an important step in the priority registration academic advising process, has been postponed to the Spring 2021 semester, because of the current health situation with COVID-19. You are encouraged to contact your faculty advisor with questions at any time.
We look forward to meeting with you and the opportunity to assist you with preparing for your next successful semester in computer science!