fbpx International Admissions | University of Kentucky College of Engineering

International Admissions

Fall 2023 First-time freshmen
Automatic admission to the College of Engineering will be based on meeting the below requirements. However, if you cannot take or choose not to submit ACT or SAT scores with your admission application, a holistic review will be used to determine your admission to the engineering program. For more information regarding our test optional policy, visit admission.uky.edu/news/test-optional.

We offer up-to-four-year renewable scholarships for international freshmen that can all combine up to 100% of tuition. We also offer a specialized career service center that has a 95% job replacement rate within 6 months of graduation.

Incoming Freshman International Admissions Requirements

  • Unweighted high school GPA 3.0 or higher
  • Recommended ACT Math 25 or SAT Math 590 or above
  • Other ACT or SAT scores must be above Academic Preparation Placement (APP) standards.
    • ACT English 18
    • ACT Reading 20
    • SAT Reading 26
    • SAT Writing 25
  • English proficiency: TOEFL 71 or IELTS 6.0 or Duolinguo 95
    1. Students who receive a TOEFL score of 71 but less than 100 (IELTS of 6.0 but less than 7.5), will be required to participate in English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
    2. If students do not meet the English proficiency requirements, they will be admitted to the College of Engineering after meeting the following criteria: attend ESL, meet EAP requirements, and complete the appropriate math class. They must retake the TOEFL and earn a minimum score of 71 or the IELTS and earn a minimum score of 6.0. Then they would apply for a change of major to Engineering

Transfer Student International Admissions Requirements

  • Provide English proficiency exam scores or a completion of the first and second English courses (e.g. ENG 101 or ENG 102) from another U.S. university or college.
  • Unweighted GPA 2.5 or higher 
  • Students need to meet the following math requirement with a B or higher, e.g. MA 109 and MA 112, or MA 110 (or its equivalent)
  • For international students from partner institutions, please contact coe_international@uky.edu for additional information.
  • To learn about international student resources, visit the UK International Center Website
Apply Here