Associate Professor, University of Kentucky: 7/2012 – present
Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky: 8/2006 – 7/2012
Assistant Professor Ohio University 11/2001 – 6/2006
GE Faculty Intern Northwestern University 9/2000 – 9/2001
Teaching and Research Assistant Northwestern University 9/1998 – 9/2000
Geotechnical Engineer CH2M HILL, Inc. 1/1992 – 9/1998
Research Engineer Federal Highway Administration 1/1990 – 1/1992
Ph.D. in Civil Engineering , Northwestern University 12/2002
M.Eng. in Civil Engineering , Howard University 5/1992
B.S. in Civil Engineering, Florida A&M University 5/1987
- Bryson, L.S. and Zapata-Medina, D.G. (2012). “Method for Estimating System Stiffness of Excavation Support Systems,” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 138, No. 9, in print.
- Bryson, L.S., Gomez-Gutierrez, I.C. and Hopkins, T.C. (2012). “Development of a New Loss Slake Durability Index for Compacted Shales,” Engineering Geology, Vol.139-140, 66-75.
- Bryson, L.S., Jean-Louis, M. and Gabriel, C. (2012). “Determination of Insitu Moisture Content in soil from a Measure of Dielectric Constant,” International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 2, 251-259.
- Bryson, L.S. and Kotheimer, M.J. (2011). “Cracking in Walls of a Building Adjacent to a Deep Excavation,” Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Vol. 25, No. 6, 491-503.
- Acton, P.M., Fox, J.F., Campbell, J.E., Jones, A.L., Rowe, H., Martin, D., and Bryson, L.S. (2011). “The Role of Soil Health in Maintaining Environmental Sustainability of Surface Coal Mining,” Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 45, 10265-10272.
- Bryson, L.S. and Salehian, A. (2011). “Performance of Constitutive Models in Predicting Behavior of Remolded Clay,” ACTA Geotechnica, Vol. 6, No. 3, 143-154.
- Bryson, L.S., Adu-Gyamfi, K., and Janbakhsh, L.A. (2011), “Physicochemical Analysis of Fly Ash-Modified Soils”, International Conference on Advances in Geotechnical Engineering, Perth, Australia, 7-9 November, 2011.
- Silva-Castro, J., Bryson, L.S. Gamber, N.K., and Lusk, B.T. (2011), “Numerical Modeling of Subsurface Blast”, 14th Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (PCSMGE), Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2-6 October, 2011.
- Bryson, L.S., and Walton-Macaulay, C. (2011). “The Effects of Fouling on the Deformation and Stiffness Behavior of Railroad Ballast,” International Symposium on Deformation Characteristics of Geomaterials, 31 August -3 September, 2011, Seoul, Korea.
- Gomzez-Guteuerrez, I. C., Bryson, L.S., and Hopkins, T.C. (2011). “Correlations between durability and geotechnical properties of compacted shale”, Geo-Frontiers 2011, Dallas, TX ,13-16 March 2011.
Insitu and Laboratory Testing of Soils
Insitu Response of Geotechnical Systems
Monitoring of Constructed Facilities Performance
Prediction of Supported Excavations