Associate Professor, University of Kentucky: 7/2012 – present
Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky: 8/2006 – 7/2012
Assistant Professor Ohio University 11/2001 – 6/2006
GE Faculty Intern Northwestern University 9/2000 – 9/2001
Teaching and Research Assistant Northwestern University 9/1998 – 9/2000
Geotechnical Engineer CH2M HILL, Inc. 1/1992 – 9/1998
Research Engineer Federal Highway Administration 1/1990 – 1/1992
Ph.D. in Civil Engineering , Northwestern University 12/2002
M.Eng. in Civil Engineering , Howard University 5/1992
B.S. in Civil Engineering, Florida A&M University 5/1987
- Muttashar, W., Bryson, L.S., and Woolery, E. (2019). “Determining the Effects of Depositional Processes on Consolidation Behavior of Sediment Using Shear-Wave Velocity,” Marine Georesources and Geotechnology, DOI: 10.1080/1064119X.2018.1524953.
- Crawford, M.M., Bryson, L.S., Woolery, E.W., and Wang, Z. (2019). “Long-Term Landslide Monitoring Using Soil-Water Relationships and Electrical Data to Estimate Suction Stress,” Engineering Geology, 251, 146-157.
- Ahmed, F.S. and Bryson, L.S. (2019), “Influence of Hydrologic Behavior in Assessing Rainfall-Induced Landslides,” 8th International Conference on Case Studies in Geotechnical Engineering, Geo-Congress 2019, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 24-27 March 2019.
- Mahmoodabadi, M. and Bryson, L.S. (2019), “Prediction of Unconfined Deformation Behavior of Soils Using Electrical Properties,” 8th International Conference on Case Studies in Geotechnical Engineering, Geo-Congress 2019, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 24-27 March 2019.
- Crawford, M.M., Bryson, L.S., Woolery, E.W., and Wang, Z. (2018). “Using 2-D Electrical Resistivity Imaging for Joint Geophysical and Geotechnical Characterization of Shallow Landslides,” Journal of Applied Geophysics, 157, October, 37-46.
- Crawford, M.M. and Bryson, L.S. (2018). “Assessment of Active Landslides Using Field Electrical Measurements,”Engineering Geology, 233, 146-159.
- Keeney, J. and Bryson, L.S. (2018). “Using Unmanned Aerial Systems and Photogrammetry to Remotely Assess Landslide Events in Near Real-Time,” Proceedings of the 49th Annual Ohio River Valley Soils Seminar, ORVSS XLIX, Lexington, KY, 29 November 2018.
- Bryson, L.S., Zapata-Medina, D., and Romana-Giraldo, J. (2018), “Empirical Method to Estimate Lateral Wall Deformation Profiles and Bending Moment in Excavation Retaining Walls,” International Foundation Congress and Equipment Expo (IFCEE) 2018, Orlando, Florida, USA, 5-10 March 2018
Landslide Hazard Prediction and Assessment
Infrastructure Response to Severe Events
Laboratory Testing of Geologic Materials
Numerical Modeling Geotechnical Systems