To be considered for admission to MS in Data Science program, students are required to have:
- A GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 scale (exceptions may be made by the admissions committee if persuasive evidence of applicant’s potential is presented) with:
- A BS degree in a STEM discipline is required.
- A student without demonstrated programming skills will be considered for admission, but will be required to take preparatory coursework in addition to required courses
- GRE quantitative and verbal scores are required for admission (except those with an advanced degree from an accredited U.S. institution).
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for all international students (except those with a degree from an accredited U.S. institution). Currently, for admission:
- The minimum acceptable total TOEFL-iTB score is 79. This is considered equivalent to our currently acceptable minimum scores of 550 on the paper-based and 213 on the computer-based tests.
- The minimum acceptable IELTS overall band score is 6.5.
International Applicants: March 15th
Domestic Applicants: July 15
International Applicants: August 15th
Domestic Applicants: December 1
To apply, you must submit a complete application to The Graduate School through the ApplyYourself website.
- You must provide transcripts from all post-secondary institutions at which you have taken courses, whether you received a degree or not
- If you are an international student, the Graduate School requires a signed and documented financial certificate. When you get a letter of acceptance, you should submit this certificate to The Graduate School following the instructions in the letter. Do not send these materials to the Department of Computer Science
- All applications must include current GRE scores (within five years). International applicants must also include current TOEFL or IELTS scores (within two years). Scanned copies are acceptable for the application, but if accepted, you are responsible for having your test provider send these scores to The Graduate School. These are the codes you should use:
GRE institution code 1837
GRE department code 0402
TOEFL institution code 1837
TOEFL department code 78
- Include your resume or CV and other optional materials
- Include the Statement of Purpose, a brief essay explaining why you wish to pursue graduate studies in computer science
- Arrange for at least three letters of recommendation that must be submitted by the recommenders to the ApplyYourself website
The admission committee will access the data you have provided via ApplyYourself.
If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions that you wish to direct to The Graduate School, please contact an admissions officer here.