Some students transferring into Engineering will have college credit offered through one of the branches of the US military.  UK does not automatically award military credit to students at the onset of enrollment; however, after a degree seeking student has been enrolled at UK and earned 12 hours, he or she may request that the military record be sent to the Office of Admissions for evaluation.  In many cases, courses will count toward the total number of credit hours, but not fulfill specific degree requirements.  As with all transfer credit, the Director of Undergraduate Studies for each department will make the final determination as to how credit will be applied.

For more information regarding resources veterans at UK, look here: