fbpx Transfer Student Scholarships | University of Kentucky College of Engineering

Transfer Student Scholarships

The Dean’s Scholarships for Transfer Students

The Dean’s Scholarships for Transfer Students are used to support outstanding transfer students. The University of Kentucky College of Engineering awards scholarships to incoming engineering students transferring from another college, community college or university. Students from Kentucky Community and Technical College System institutions are encouraged to apply. Scholarships are available for students entering UK during both the fall and the spring semesters.

Instructions for application:

  • Make certain to submit official transcripts from each school attended to the UK Admissions Office. A minimum of 24 credit hours must be completed to be considered.
  • Include with your scholarship applicaiton one letter of recommendation from a math and/or science instructor at your current school
  • Also incude with your applicaiton a double-spaced, 250-word essay which includes your educational and career goals, specific financial needs and any special circumstances
  • Applicants must have taken calculus and physics receiving at least a B letter grade in each. In addition, candidates must have a 3.0 or above GPA at their current institution since that is the GPA requirement in order to maintain the scholarship in the College of Engineering

Each applicant must satisfy all University of Kentucky requirements for entrance into a College of Engineering degree program before being considered for these scholarships. Download the Spring 2019 Application here.

Fall deadline: June 15
Spring deadline: November 15

Office of Academic Scholarships

The Office of Academic Scholarships at UK awards scholarships to students university-wide regarless of major. These include Transfer student scholarships which are offered to students transferring in the fall of each year. Deadlines are June 15.

Outside Scholarships

The College of Engineering has an Outside Scholarship page to assist its students in finding funds outside of the scholarships awarded by The University.

Office of Student Financial Aid

All students are eligible for government student loans (amounts based on year in school) by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA. The application opens October 1 of each year and students apply at that time for the following school year.

The FAFSA also determines whether you are eligible for need-based funds such as grants and work study. In-state students should apply as soon as the application is available since some in-state grants are limited in funding.

NOTE: Please make sure to add UK to your FAFSA. In addition, if you are transferring in the Spring, you will  need to complete the Spring Request for Aid form.


Mary-Michael Deskins
Scholarship Director/Student Records Office
University of Kentucky
College of Engineering
355-R  F. Paul Anderson Tower
Fax: 859-257-5727