The College of Engineering will begin welcoming Fall 2018 freshmen at the University of Kentucky’s Merit Weekends, happening March 9 – 10, March 16 – 17, and March 23 – 24.
These two-day events allows top potential students early registration for classes and one last look at campus before they make their final decision about where to attend college. Merit Weekends are by invitation-only to admitted students who have excelled academically in high school.
Merit Weekend Schedule
- 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Check-In at Singletary Center for the Arts
- Foreign Language Exams, Academic College, and Enrollment Management Resource Fair
- 90-minute Campus Tour at 9:00 a.m.
- Residence Hall Tours at 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Foreign Language Exams at 10:15 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m. at W.T. Young Library
- Honors Open House/Luncheon – 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. (Presentation at 12:30 p.m.)
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Welcome & Four Pillars Presentation
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – UKonnect #1 & SAL 101
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – College Meetings (Students and Families)
- 5:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. – Interest Session I
- 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Interest Session II
- 6:45 p.m. – LLP Sessions and Honors Follow-Up Session & Foreign Language Exam in CB
Saturday – Students
- 8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – UKonnect Session #2
- 9:30 a.m. – Advising begins with Registration opening at 11:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch with Department & Programs Resource Fair at The 90
Saturday – Family/Guests
- 7:15 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Shuttles from Main Building to Kroger Field (March 10 & 17); at Singletary Center for the Arts (March 24)
- 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Family/Guest Program
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch with Department and Programs Resource Fair at The 90
- 6:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. – Engineering Living Learning Residential College Meeting
- 7:20 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. – Scholars in Engineering and Management (SEAM) Honors Pathway
- 1:30 p.m. – Meet the College of Engineering Dean/Associate Dean
106 Whitehall Classroom Building
On Friday night of Merit Weekend, there will be an opportunity for pre-advising appointments. Students can sign up for one of these appointments below. Please note the following:
- Please be aware: If you are in the ERC LLP, there will be a required meeting from 6:45p.m. - 7:15p.m., so please do not make your pre-advising appointment during that time.
- Please be aware: If you are in the SEAM Honors Pathway, there will be a required meeting from 7:20p.m. - 7:45p.m., so please do not make your pre-advising appointment during that time.
- These pre-advising appointments do take place during the interest sessions, so plan accordingly (divide and conquer).
- Appointments will fill up quickly and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Appointments must be made in advance, as this registration site will close the Thursday before Merit Weekend.
- You may only make a pre-advising appointment for the Merit Weekend in which you are attending.
- These appointments will not take the place of the advising portion on Saturday. It is a supplemental appointment and will give students an opportunity to have any questions or concerns addressed prior to advising on Saturday.
- AP Credit Equivalencies
- IB Credit Equivalencies
- CLEP Credit Equivalencies
- University of Kentucky Core Requirements
- College of Engineering Curriculum Sheets
- College of Engineering Advising Syllabus
- College of Engineering Student Organizations
- College of Engineering First-Year Parents Facebook page
- University of Kentucky Parent & Family Association