PROBATION and SUSPENSION
For students entering Fall 2008 or after (for students entering Fall 1996 – Summer 2008 contact the College’s Student Records office):
- Any engineering student who has completed two or more semesters at UK and who fails to maintain a cumulative UK GPA of 2.0 or higher will be suspended from the College of Engineering and will not be readmitted until this GPA is 2.0 or higher.
- Any student enrolled in the College of Engineering who earns a UK GPA of less than 2.0 in any semester will be placed on academic probation.
- Any student on academic probation who fails to earn a 2.0 or higher semester GPA will be suspended from the College of Engineering and will not be readmitted until he or she has obtained a semester GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students who are suspended twice from the College of Engineering will not be readmitted.
For Engineering students who have been suspended from the College of Engineering (not the University):
- Apply for reinstatement to the college when the GPA requirements as stated in “College of Engineering Probation & Suspension” have been achieved.
- Certain criteria and deadlines apply.
- Contact the College of Engineering Records Office for more information.
For students suspended from the University and want to return to engineering:
- Must remain out of the University for at least two semester ( a summer session counts as one semester).
- Students academically suspended are not directly reinstated into the College of Engineering, but must enroll in another college until they are off probation.
- Certain deadlines and criteria apply.
- If approved for reinstatement, students must then also apply for readmission to the University.