Director of Institute for Sustainable Manufacturing
James F. Hardymon Chair in Manufacturing Systems Professor
Research Areas: Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Manufacturing Process
University of Kentucky, College of Engineering
Institute for Sustainable Manufacturing - ISM
Ph.D., Manufacturing Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney
M.S., Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering, P.F. University , Moscow
July 2002 – present: James F. Hardymon Chair in Manufacturing Systems, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
July 1996 – present: Professor, Mechanical Engineering (Tenured), University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
July 1990 – June 1996: Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Sept. 1989 – June 1990: Manager, Carbide Product Design, Carboloy Inc., Warren, MI
July 1986 – Sept. 1989: Lecturer and Senior Lecturer, Dept of Mech. Eng, Univ. of Wollongong, Australia
- Outeiro, J.C., J.C. Pina, O.W. Dillon, Jr., and I.S. Jawahir, “Size Effects and Surface Integrity in Machining and their Influence on Product Sustainability”, Int. J. Sustainable Manufacturing, Vol. 2(1), 2010, pp. 112-126.
- Badurdeen, F., T.J. Goldsby, D. Iyengar, H. Metta, S. Gupta, and I.S. Jawahir, “Extending Total Lifecycle Thinking to Sustainable Supply Chains”, Int. J. Product Lifecycle Management, Vol. 4(1-3), 2009, pp. 49-67.
- [Vollertsen, F., D. Biermann, H.N. Hansen, I.S. Jawahir and K. Kuzman, “Size Effects in Manufacturing of Metallic Components”, Annals of the CIRP, Vol. 58(2), 2009, pp. 566-587.
- Umbrello, D., and I.S. Jawahir, Numerical Modeling of the Influence of Process Parameters and Workpiece Hardness on White Layer Formation in AISI 52100 Steel”, Int. J. Adv. Manufacturing Tech., Vol. 44, 2009, pp. 955-968.
- Niranjali de Silva, I.S. Jawahir, O.W. Dillon, Jr and M. Russell, “A New Comprehensive Methodology for the Evaluation of Product Sustainability at the Design and Development Stage of Consumer Electronic Products”, Int. J. Sustainable Manufacturing, Vol. 1(3), 2009, pp. 251-264.