Research Areas: Biologically-Inspired Design, MEMS, Micro-scale Design and Fabrication, Microfluidic Systems, Precision Machine Design
University of Kentucky, College of Engineering
Mechanical Engineering - ME
University of California, Berkeley Mechanical Engineering Ph.D. 2008
University of Kentucky Mechanical Engineering MSME 2003
University of Kentucky Mechanical Engineering BSME 2001
2/08 – present Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky
1/05 – 2/08 Research Assistant, University of California, Berkeley, BioPOETS Group (Biologically-inspired Photonics-Optofluidic-Electronic Technology and Science)
8/03 – 12/04 Research Assistant, University of California, Berkeley, Nano-Engineering Lab
1/00 – 8/03 Research Assistant, University of Kentucky, Precision Systems Lab
5/98 – 1/00 Engineer: Inkjet Printer Division, Lexmark International, Lexington, KY
1/96 – 5/98 Injection Mold Designer, Acramold, Inc., Burlington, KY
- D.L. Thompson, A. Madon, and C. Trinkle. “Diffusion-Mediated Production Of Protein Gradients By Way Of Variable Depth Hydrogel Micro-Stamps.” Proceedings of ASME 2009 IMECE, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- L. Xu and C. Trinkle. “High Precision Method For Sequential Micro-Contact Printing
Of Multiple Aligned Patterns.” Proceedings of ASME 2009 IMECE, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- F. DiBartolomeo and C. Trinkle. “High Throughput Continuous Fabrication Of Large Surface Area Microstructured PDMS.” Proceedings of ASME 2009 IMECE, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- C. Trinkle, “Kinematic Alignment System for the Creation of Integrated Microfluidic Devices.”, Ph.D. Thesis, University of California, Berkeley, 2008. Advisor: Prof. Luke P. Lee
- C. Trinkle, C. Morgan and L.P. Lee. “High Precision Assembly of Soft-Polymer Microfluidic Circuits.” Proceedings of ASME 2006 IMECE, Chicago, IL, Nov 2006.
- C. Trinkle, C. Morgan and L.P. Lee. “Kinematic Assembly of Soft-Polymer Biofluidic Circuits.” Proceedings of ASPE 21st Annual Meeting, Monterey Bay, CA, Oct 2006.
- K. Dunphy, R. Karnik, C. Trinkle, and A. Majumdar. “Analysis of Governing Parameters for Silver-Silver Chloride Electrodes in Microfluidic Electrokinetic Devices.” Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, 9 (2), 2005.
- C. Trinkle, P. Kichambare, R. Vallance, B. Wong, M.P. Menguc, B. Sadanadan, A.M. Rao, A. Bah, K. Javed. “Thermal Transport During Nanoscale Machining by Field Emission of Electrons from Carbon Nanotubes.” J. of Heat Transfer 125 (4), 2003.
- C. Trinkle, P. Smith, R. Vallance, B. Wong, and M.P. Menguc. “Thermal Finite Difference Analysis of Threshold Heating for Nanoscale Machining.” Presented at ASME 2002 IMECE, New Orleans, LA, Nov 2002.
- C. Trinkle, R. Vallance, M.P. Menguc, A. Bah, K. Javed, A.M. Rao, and S. Jin. “Nanoprobe Concepts for Field Emission Nanomachining.” Proceedings of ASPE 17th Annual Meeting, St. Louis, MO, Nov 2002.