The 1/4 Scale Tractor Design Competition is organized and hosted by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE). Collegiate Teams from all across North America and Canada compete in the event.
Teams are judged in five main catagories:
- Comprehensive Design Report describing detailed technical aspects of the machine as well as an economic analysis of the design
- Oral Team Presentation highlighting the positive aspects of the design
- Functional Aspects of the Design with respect to safety, serviceability, manufacturability and ergonomics
- Performance Competition, using a progressive weight transfer sled
- Maneuverability Competition, testing each tractor's ability to maneuver an obstacle course
Read the official rules here.