Considering the safety of everyone amidst the spread of the coronavirus, we have decided to postpone the 7th International Forum on Sustainable Manufacturing to September 17-18, 2020.
Sustainable Manufacturing in the Industry 4.0 Era
Significant advances have been made in sensor-based smart manufacturing, data mining, machine/deep learning, and visualization capabilities. In the Industry 4.0 era, these capabilities must be integrated to develop more resource-efficient and sustainable manufacturing. Digitally integrated capabilities can enable better collaboration among product designers, manufacturing engineers, supply chain partners, and other stakeholders to monitor manufacturing processes, design more sustainable products and improve the overall system performance.
The 7th International Forum on Sustainable Manufacturing will bring together academic experts, industry practitioners, government agency representatives as well as emerging researchers such as tenure-track assistant professors, post-doctoral scholar, and graduate students to address opportunities and challenges related to “Sustainable Manufacturing in the Industry 4.0 Era”.
- Invited Presentations by experts in Industry 4.0 and Sustainable Manufacturing
- A Panel Discussion on ‘Sustainable Manufacturing in the Industry 4.0 Era’
- Emerging Researcher Showcase for early-career researchers: Assistant Professors/Post-doctoral Researchers can submit an abstract and receive travel support through a National Science Foundation-funded grant (details forthcoming)
- Student Poster Showcase: Graduate students can submit an abstract for a poster and receive free registration, and an opportunity to win a cash award (details forthcoming)
- Sustainable Manufacturing Student Projects: Showcasing research projects to address Sustainable Development Goals
Professional Development Hours (PDHs):
You can now earn PDHs for attending the forum, upto 7 PDHs for Day 1 and 3 PHDs for Day 2. Please make sure to indicate if you will need a certificate to confirm the PDHs earned when registering for the forum. Sign-in and sign-out will be required to confirm attendance for all relevant presentations to earn the PDHs.