The annual College of Engineering Open House is the best way for prospective students and their parents to learn about engineering at the University of Kentucky. All high school students, transfer students, and their families are welcome to attend.
During the open house, you’ll interact with engineering professors and current students who will guide you in exploring engineering majors, co-ops and internships, scholarships and more. You will also tour engineering facilities and our residential community to experience what it’s like to be a UK Engineering student. The event is free of charge, however, pre-registration is required.
The upcoming Engineering Open House event scheduled for April 11 has been canceled in the wake of COVID-19 concerns and will not be rescheduled this semester. We plan to host the next one during the fall 2020 semester.
Schedule of Events
The Engineering Open House will begin at 9:00 a.m. with a welcome and presentation in Kincaid Auditorium, room 111 Gatton College of Business and Economics Building.
- 8:30 a.m. Check-in – Beverages and light breakfast provided
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome remarks – Dean Rudy Buchheit
- 9:10 a.m. Welcome remarks – Engineering Student Council President
- 9:15 a.m. College of Engineering overview presentation
- 10:00 a.m. Student Success Sessions – Scholarships and financial aid, co-ops and internships, housing and Living Learning Program, First-Year Engineering Program and more
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch on your own
- 1:15 p.m. Engineering Department Sessions – Biosystems Engineering, Chemical & Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering
- 3:45 p.m. Student Organization Showcase
- 4:15 and 4:30 p.m. Optional tours of Woodland Glen III residence hall
Complimentary parking is available in Parking Structure #5 at 409 S. Limestone, Lexington, KY 40508.
Other Important Information
- Lunch is not provided. Students and their families are encouraged to check out the university's dining facilities or numerous off-campus dining options, many within walking distance of campus.
- Staying overnight? Lexington accommodations.
- Not able to attend? If you would like to schedule a visit to UK and the College of Engineering on a different day, please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please call Director of Recruitment Tony Jackson at 859-218-5170 or email email@example.com.