Using the materials below, build a tower as tall as possible and that will hold a large marshmallow at the very top without toppling over.
- 20 pieces of spaghetti
- 20 small marshmallows
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1 foot of tape
- 1 piece of paper
- The spaghetti, small marshmallows and tape may be modified to accommodate the tower construction.
- The large marshmallow cannot be modified.
- Measurement of tower height will be taken from the base of the tower to the top of the large marshmallow. *Note: The large marshmallow can be located anywhere in the tower structure but the measurement will still be taken from the base of the tower to the top of the large marshmallow.
- Time yourself:
- 5 mins to plan your structure on paper (just like a blueprint in real life)
- 25 mins to build the structure
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 114,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
Every day, our 114,000 employees come to work with one focus – our customers’ missions. It’s more than a job. Whether it's protecting citizens or advancing the boundaries of science, these missions are some of the most important and challenging in the world. We bring an unwavering commitment to help our customers succeed, and it’s that sense of purpose and opportunity to make a difference in the world that drives us every day.
Join Our Talent Network
When you work for Lockheed Martin, by engineering the future wellbeing of humanity, you’ll be taking important steps for your own future.