Career Related Links
Engineering Career Services is an engineering entity that co-operates with the University of Kentucky’s James W. Stuckert Career Center. We exist specifically to meet the unique needs of UK engineering students and employers. Our mission is to assist students develop job search skills, build career networks and help secure rewarding careers in their chosen fields of study.
To connect with engineering career services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-257-4178.
“How to Impress Your Boss in the First 90 Days” Workshop
April 17th from 5:00-6:00p.m.
Stuckert Career Center (408 Rose St. Across from the Singletary Center)
Networking 101 with Speed Networking Activity
Join Melanie Barber, Assistant Director of Engineering Career Services for FREE dinner and some great insights into how to establish your professional network. At the end of the workshop you will have many more opportunities and choices to find the job that is right for you. You will recieve insights on the power of networking and be able to tap into your network to find your ideal job.
These are the topics of the networking workshop:
- What is networking (and what not)?
- How to find your ideal job faster by tapping into the power of your network
- Which questions to ask your network so you have the most chances they will help you (and which questions to avoid)?
- How to create ambassadors who look out for you to find a new job
- Which misbeliefs are there with regard to networking to a new job and how to avoid them?
- What are the most interesting business networking websites?
Practice makes perfect! Speed Networking Activity will follow.
Please pre-register for the event using the link below. Contact Melanie Barber with any questions about the event.
April 22nd from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Room 249 Student Center