fbpx Ways to Give | University of Kentucky College of Engineering

Ways to Give

Cash Gifts

Cash gifts consist of contributions made by check or actual cash. Either gift can be sent via mail, dropped off at our office or even picked up by one of our development officers.  Be sure to list “College of Engineering” in the “for” section of the check.

All mailed gifts should include a gift form and should be sent to:

University of Kentucky College of Engineering
Office of Alumni and Philanthropy
251 Ralph G. Anderson Building
Lexington Kentucky 40506-0503

Credit Card

There are two ways to make a financial gift with your credit card.

  1. Make a one-time gift.
  2. Sign up to have a specific amount charged to your credit (or debit) card on a monthly or quarterly basis.

With a monthly or quarterly charge to your credit card, you’ll have the advantage of giving an amount you can manage yet also making a substantial contribution over time. While you might not be able to make a one-time $1,000 gift, you could still give $1,000 over one year by having $83.34/month charged to your credit card

To make a credit card gift, please contact our office at (859) 257-9395 or Make a Gift Online.

Real Estate

Almost any kind of real estate—a personal residence, farm, vacation home, commercial building or undeveloped parcel of land—can be the subject of a gift. If the property is long-term, capital gain property and given outright, the donor will generally avoid any tax on the capital gain, reduce the donor’s taxable estate by the value of the gift, and receive a charitable contribution deduction for 100 percent of the fair market value of the property.

Intangible personal property—property that cannot be seen or touched including copyrights, patents, contracts, promissory notes, royalties, trademarks and the like—may also be donated to the College. These gifts are treated the same as tangible property in terms of tax deductions, and are not subject to estate or gift taxes. Please contact our office at (859) 257-9395 for more information.


Appreciated securities may be deducted at full fair market value, within certain limitations, if they are long-term appreciated securities and have increased in value. Thus, the donor can give away appreciated property and usually avoid capital gains taxes. These securities can be electronically transferred to the College by the donor’s broker. Please contact our office at (859) 257-9395 for more information.