Dr. Philip J. Reucroft; Professor, received his Ph.D. from Imperial College, London, England. His current research interests include surface and interface analysis, thin film fabrication and analysis, coal and catalyst characterization, porous carbon materials and electronic properties of semiconducting and metallic systems.
General research objectives are to obtain a better understanding of the structural and compositional characteristics of surfaces/interfaces and how materials properties are influenced by these characteristics.
a) Surface analysis and structural characterization of single layer and multilayer materials that have been fabricated by CVD and PVD techniques
(b) Wear resistant coatings on machine tools
(c) Thermodynamics of gas and vapor interactions with microporous/mesoporous carbons and polymers
(d) Surface analysis of novel materials, heterogeneous catalysts and carbonaceous materials
(e) Electrical characteristics of semiconducting and metallic systems.
1. H. S. Moon, S. W. Lee, W. H. Lee, P. J. Reucroft and J. W. Park, “Electrochemical Characterization of LiMxMn2-xO4(M=Co,Al,Cu) Thin Films”, presented at the 202nd Meeting of the Electrochemical Society, Salt Lake City, Utah, October 20-25, 2002.
2. P. J. Reucroft, D. Rivin and N. S. Schneider, “Thermodynamics of Nafion-Vapor Interactions. I. Water Vapor”, Polymer, Vol. 43, p. 5157 (2002).
3. Y. K. Ko, B. S. Seo, D. S. Park, H. J. Yang, W. H. Lee, P. J. Reucroft and J. G. Lee,”Additive Vapor Effect on the Conformal Coverage of a High Aspect Ratio Trench using MOCVD Copper Metallization from (hfac)Cu(DMB) Precursor”, Semiconductor Science and Technology, Vol. 17, p. 978 (2002).
4. P. J. Reucroft and S. K. Pradhan,”Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition of Titanium Oxy-nitride Thin Films using Titanium Isopropoxide and Ammonia”, presented at the 2002 TMS Fall Meeting Symposium “Chemistry and Physics of Materials”, Columbus, OH, October, 2002.
5. S. K. Pradhan and P. J. Reucroft,”A Study of Growth and Morphological Features of TiOxNy Thin Films Prepared by MOCVD”, J. Crystal Growth, Vol. 250, p. 588 (2003).
6. S. K. Pradhan and P. J. Reucroft,” Influence of Flow Rate and Deposition Temperature on TiOxNy Film Growth and Morphology”, presented at the 2003 TMS Annual Meeting, San Diego, California,March, 2003; “Surface Engineering in Materials Science II”, edited by S. Seal, N. B. Dahrotre, J. Moore, S.Suryanarayana and A. Agarwal, TMS (The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society), p. 57 (2003).
7. S. K. Pradhan, P. J. Reucroft and Y. Ko,”Crystallinity of Al2O3 Films Deposited by Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition”, Surface and Coatings Technology, in press.
8. Y. K. Ko, J. H. Jang, S.Lee, H. J. Yang, W. H. Lee, P. J. Reucroft and J. G. Lee,”Effects of Molybdenum, Silver Dopants and a Titanium Substrate Layer on Copper Film Metallization”, J. Mats. Sci., Vol. 38, p. 217 (2003).
9. Y. K. Ko, J. H. Jang, H. J. Yang, W. H. Lee, P. J. Reucroft and J. G. Lee,”Thickness Effect on Grain Growth and Precipitate Coarsening of a Cu(Ag) Thin Film in an Advanced Metallization Process”, J. Mats. Sci.: Materials in Electronics, Vol. 14, p. 103 (2003).
10. Y. K. Ko, D. S. Park, B. S. Seo, H. J. Yang, H. J. Shin, J. Y. Kim, J. H. Lee, W. H. Lee, P. J. Reucroft and J. G. Lee,”Comparison Studies of Cobalt Thin Films Deposited by Sputtering and MOCVD”, Materials Chemistry and Physics, Vol. 80, p. 560 (2003).
11. P. J. Reucroft, D. Rivin and N. S. Schneider,”Characterization of Thin Films by Flow Microcalorimetry”, Proceedings of the Thermec’2003 International Conference, “Processing and Manufacturing of Advanced Materials”, Leganes, Madrid, Spain, July 7-11, 2003.
12. S. K. Pradhan, P. J. Reucroft, F. Yang and A. Dozier,”Growth of TiO2 Nanorods by Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition”, J. Crystal Growth, Vol. 256, p. 83-88 (2003).
1. "Effect of Si Powder Refining on the Self-Propagating High Temperature Synthesis Reaction of Titanium Silicide Induced by Mechanical Alloying", J. Mats. Sci. Letters, in press.
2. "X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopic Studies of Surface Modified Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Materials", Appl. Surf. Sci., in press.
3. "Microstructure Control of Copper Films by Addition of Mo in an Advanced Metallization Process", J. Electronic Materials, in press.
4. "Growth Mechanisms of Amorphous and Semi-crystalline Alumina Thin Films Deposited by MOCVD", submitted to Thin Solid Films.
5. "Thermodynamics of Nafion - Vapor Interactions. I. Water Vapor", submitted to Polymer.
6. "Additive Gas Effects on MOCVD Copper Films Deposited from (hfac)Cu(DMB)(3,3-dimethyl-1-butene)" submitted to J. Electronic Materials.
7. "Conformal Coverage of MOCVD Copper Film on a High Aspect Ratio Trench", submitted to Thin solid Films.
Y. K. Ko
W. H. Lee
J. Y. Kim
J. S. Kim
H. W. Woo
A. R. Sethuraman
Soldier Center, Natick, Massachusetts
email the webmaster