The Hastings' Group seeks novel ways to increase the resolution, accuracy, and throughput of nanofabrication and nanomanufacturing techniques. The laboratory's current projects primarily target applications in biological and chemical sensing; however, a variety of collaborations have expanded the groups' investigations to renewable energy, data storage, communications, and computing.
J. Todd Hastings
Gill Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
Director, Center for Nanoscale Science and Engineering
Associate Director, Center for Advanced Materials
University of Kentucky
Electrical and Computer Engineering
453 F. Paul Anderson Tower
Lexington, KY 40506-0046
office: 352 ASTeCC Building
main laboratory: 345 ASTeCC Building
- 10.04.2013 - Carlos Jarro and Matt Bresin's recent JVSTB paper concerning laser-induced deposition of silver nanoparticles is now available online: http://link.aip.org/link/?JVB/31/06F303
- 09.17.2013 - Dr. Hastings presents the groups recent work in electron beam induced processing at Micro and Nano Engineering 2013.
- 08.16.2013 - Plan to attend the 2013 Kentucky nanoSymposium at the University of Louisville on August 16-17.
- 06.20.2013 - The group's paper entitled "Electron-Beam-Induced Deposition of Bimetallic Nanostructures from Bulk Liquids" is featured among Angewandte Chemie International Edition's "Hot Papers." [link]
- 06.17.2013 - Dr. Hastings highlights the groups' latest findings at the Norwegian PhD Network on Nanotechnoogy for Microsystems.
- 05.28.2013 - Carlos Jarro and Matthew Bresin present their recent work at the 57th EIPBN conference in Nashville, TN (May 28-31).
- 05.17.2013 - Congratulations to Neha Nehru on her acceptance to the 2013 BioNanotechnology GEM4 Summer Institute at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- 05.12.2013 - Congratulations to Gazi Huda on his acceptance to the Open Science Grid user school at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 05.05.2013 - Congratulations to Yugu Yang on successfully completing her Ph.D.
- 04.25.2013 Gazi Huda's paper entitled "Absorption Modulation of Plasmon Resonant Nanoparticles in the Presence of an AFM Tip" is published online in the IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics.[link]