CeNSE Second Annual Nanotechnology Contest
A call for work completed with assistance of CeNSE facilities or staff was made to all researchers and students with the following three categories:
1. Image Category. SEM, TEM, AFM, or any of the optically related images.
Winner: Carlos A. Jarro
Honerable mention (in no particular order): Patrick Hunley and Yugu Yang
2. Publication category. Submissions can include any published paper. Only one submission per first author.
Winner: Eugene Donev
Honorable mention (in no particular order): Gazi Huda and Patrick Hunley
3. Poster Presentations Category. Any poster presentation based partially on work done at CeNSE was eligible. The winner was chosen based on both aesthetic and scientific appeal.
Winner: Neha Nehru
Honorable Mention: Yugu Yang
All winners were chosen by a small anonymous committee headed by Brian Wajdyk with the mandate of impartiality. Below are the winning submissions. All images are clickable links to submitted work.
1. Image Category. SEM, TEM, AFM, or optical images were acceptable.
Winner is Carlos A. Jarro.
2. Publication Category. Submissions can include any published paper. Only one submission per first author.
Eugenii U. Donev et al Nanoscale, 2011, 3, 2709
Gazi M. Huda, Eugenii U. Donev, M. Pinar Mengüç, and J. Todd Hastings, "Effects of a silicon probe on gold nanoparticles on glass under evanescent illumination," Opt. Express 19, 12679-12687 (2011)
Crystallographically Aligned Carbon Nanotubes Grown on Few-Layer Graphene Films D. Patrick Hunley, Stephen L. Johnson, Joseph K. Stieha, Abhishek Sundararajan, Aaron T. Meacham, Ilia N. Ivanov, and Douglas R. Strachan ACS Nano 2011 5 (8), 6403-640
3. Poster Presentation Category. Any poster presentation based partially on work done at CeNSE was eligible. The winner was chosen based on both aesthetic and scientific appeal.