All students who are selected to participate in the LLP will reside in Woodland Glen III, located in the South Campus neighborhood.
First-year students will be enrolled in courses applicable to the UK First-Year Engineering Program. These courses will help students discover their pathway in the College of Engineering so they will succeed and be pleased with the degree they earn.
The UK College of Engineering provides a Director of the Engineering LLP, who is available to help students on a regular basis. In addition to mentoring and guidance, the ELLP director organizes various activities with the assistance of assigned peer mentors, such as:
- Tutoring and academic review sessions are available to engineering ELLP students in the Woodland Glen III (WG III) active learning centers and in the WG III large and small classrooms. ELLP Peer Mentors are available for assistance during these group-led study sessions in chemistry, calculus and college algebra throughout each semester. Dates and times will vary
- Workshops on graduate school, co-ops, internships, resume writing, research and more
- “Engaging with an Engineer” where College of Engineering faculty members, engineering alumni and industry leaders share their wisdom with ELLP students
- Periodic site visits/field trips to local industries that employ engineering and computer science graduates
- Faculty game nights and movie nights that invite students to interact with faculty outside the normal classroom and academic environment