- Always get approval for an online course prior to enrolling.
- Be certain if enrolling for a non-UK engineering course that the provider is ABET accredited.
What to expect from online courses at UK:
- Fee – extra $10 per credit hour fee for all hours taken through Distance Learning
- Technology – use of email, discussion boards, chat rooms, audio/video streams and UK Blackboard
- Format – some courses are strictly “online” with no classroom attendance; others combine face-to-face interaction with web-based technologies. Some use two-way video via the internet. Call the number provided in the course catalog to determine the method.
Further information: http://www.uky.edu/DistanceLearning/