PROBATION and SUSPENSION
For students entering Fall 2008 or after (for students entering Fall 1996 – Summer 2008 contact the College’s Student Records office):
- Any engineering student who has completed two or more semesters at UK and who fails to maintain a cumulative UK GPA of 2.0 or higher will be suspended from the College of Engineering and will not be readmitted until this GPA is 2.0 or higher.
- Any student enrolled in the College of Engineering who earns a UK GPA of less than 2.0 in any semester will be placed on academic probation.
- Any student on academic probation who fails to earn a 2.0 or higher semester GPA will be suspended from the College of Engineering and will not be readmitted until he or she has obtained a semester GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students who are suspended twice from the College of Engineering will not be readmitted.
See “Academic Requirements” in the UK Bulletin for specific details about Probation and Suspension.
For Engineering students who have been suspended from the College of Engineering (not the University):
- Apply for reinstatement to the college when the GPA requirements as stated in “College of Engineering Probation & Suspension” have been achieved.
- Certain criteria and deadlines apply.
- Contact the College of Engineering Records Office for more information.
For students suspended from the University and want to return to engineering:
- Must remain out of the University for at least two semester ( a summer session counts as one semester).
- Students academically suspended are not directly reinstated into the College of Engineering, but must enroll in another college until they are off probation.
- Certain deadlines and criteria apply.
- If approved for reinstatement, students must then also apply for readmission to the University.
See “Reinstatement” in the UK Bulletin for more specific details.