The UK Solar Car Team is always looking for new members!
- Students: All majors are invited to join. No prior experience necessary.
- Faculty advisors: Please come share your expertise!
- Community members: Interested in solar? Come see how you can help.
Mechanical Team – Makes the car safe and efficient
- Designs and builds the aerodynamic shell, the chassis, and the vehicle’s suspension.
- Coordinates the driver controls (steering, braking, acceleration).
Electrical Team – Makes the car go
- Integrates the solar array, maximum power point trackers, batteries, and motor controller.
- Enables the solar car to communicate with itself and to the team via the telemetry system.
Business – Makes the car possible
- Coordinates support from generous corporations and individuals
- Manages budget of nearly $500,000
- Plans outreach events and produces media (UK Ch. 50 Videos, Website)
There are two ways to join:
- Send an e-mail to UKSolarCar@gmail.com
- Attend one of our weekly Team Meetings in the DV Terrell Building
Normal Meeting times: 7PM Mondays, 12PM Saturdays in the back of the Terrel Civil Engineering Bldg, behind Funkhouser. Help me find the garage!