The UK Solar Car Team is always looking for new members!
- Students: All majors are invited to join. No prior experience is necessary.
- Faculty advisors: Please come share your expertise!
- Community members: Interested in helping the team? Come see how you can help.
How to join:
The University of Kentucky Solar Team accepts all interested members. Regardless of major, there are always plenty of tasks and projects that need to be completed. If you’re interested:
- Send an e-mail to UKSolarCar@gmail.com
- Attend one of our weekly Team Meetings in the DV Terrell Building
Normal Meeting times: 6PM Mondays, 11AM Saturdays in the back of the Terrel Civil Engineering Bldg, behind Funkhouser. Help me find the garage!
- Designs and builds the aerodynamic shell, the chassis, and the vehicle’s suspension.
- Coordinates the driver controls (steering, braking, acceleration).
- Integrates the solar array, maximum power point trackers, batteries, and motor controller.
- Enables the solar car to communicate with itself and to the team via the telemetry system.
- Coordinates support from generous corporations and individuals
- Manages budget of nearly $100,000
- Plans outreach events and produces media (UK Ch. 50 Videos, Website)