These scholarships are awarded on the basis of the student’s overall grade point average, writing ability, academic progress in Engineering and leadership potential. The scholarship application gives a good overview of each applicant’s development in those areas. To apply for a UK College of Engineering scholarship, carefully complete the application form.
Applications must be received no later than April 15, 2016 for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Each application will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. The committee will decide if a scholarship will be awarded and if so, the amount of the award.
Recipients will be notified of the award offer by August 1.
Engineering scholarships are awarded for one academic year, in two equal amounts, for the fall and spring semesters.
Students may re-apply for upper class scholarships in the spring of each year. Transfer students who plan to enroll in the fall or spring are also eligible.
Most engineering scholarships are partial scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000.
The College of Engineering offers dozens of specific scholarships. However, an application serves for all engineering scholarships available to upper class students.
Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and be a full time student.
Honor Loans are also available.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship
Critical Systems, Inc. provides products and services for companies developing micro and nano technologies. We developed the Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship last year, and this will continue for years to come. We are offering two scholarships per year to 3rd and 4th year undergrad students in the engineering, math, and/or science that are showing an interest in these technologies.
Open period for fall scholarship application: March 15 – April 30
Open period for spring scholarship applicant: September 15 – October 31
To be eligible for a Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship, students must meet and/or demonstrate the following:
- Current Junior or Senior standing at an accredited United States university
- Official transcripts that confirm a cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0 or higher.
- Enrollment in your school’s college of engineering or material sciences (or equivalent), with at least 12 credit hours completed towards your major.
- Completed at least 6 credit hours of classroom and/or lab work towards your minor/certificate/specialized area of study that utilizes micro and/or nano technologies. These credit hours can be can be part of the overall 12 credit hour requirement.
- Successful completion of the application form and written essays
- Financial situation and/or monetary awards previous scholarships have no bearing on this scholarship award
For questions and how to apply, please visit this link: Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship
Buildium’s Build U Scholarship
- Two $2,500 cash scholarships will be awarded.
- One scholarship will be awarded in the fall, another in the spring.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of members of the Buildium Marketing team, with input from other teams. The decision of the committee will be based on originality and quality of writing.
- Submission deadlines: October 1, 2014 (fall) and April 1, 2015 (spring).
- Winners will be notified via email by October 31, 2014 (fall) and April 30, 2015 (spring).
For details, visit http://www.buildium.com/buildiums-build-u-scholarship/
Mary Michael McDonald
College of Engineering
University of Kentucky
381 Ralph G. Anderson Building
Lexington, KY 40506
Phone: (859) 257-0569
Fax: (859) 257-5727