University of Electronic Science & Technology (China) Electrical Engineering B.S. 1984
University of Electronic Science & Technology (China) Electrical Engineering M.S. 1987
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Electrical Engineering Ph.D. 1999
2009 – Present Professor of Electrical Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
2007 – Present KU Professor of Electrical Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
2004 – Present Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
2001 – Present Associate Director of Center for Nanoscale Science & Engineering, University of
Kentucky, Lexington, KY
1999 – 2004 Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
1998 Member of Technical Staff, Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, Orlando, FL
1994 – 1999 Research Assistant, University of Illinois/Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
1993 Teaching and Research Assistant, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
1987 – 1992 Instructor/Lecturer, University of Electronic Science and Technology (China)
- Z. Chen, P.-L. Ong, and Y. Wang, “Reliable Observation of Large Leakage-Current Reduction of Thin SiO2 Induced by Phonon-Energy-Coupling Enhancement: Problems and Solution,” J. Electrochem. Soc. 157, G44-G48 (2010).
- P. L. Ong, Z. Chen, A. Haggag, and T.-Y. Luo, “Large Leakage-Current Reduction of Ultrathin Industrial SiON Wafers Induced by Phonon-Energy-Coupling Enhancement,” Electrochem. Solid-State Lett., vol. 11, no. 11, H293-H295 (2008).
- P. L. Ong and Z. Chen, “Evidence of enhanced phonon-energy coupling in SiO2/Si,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 113516 (2007).
- Z. Chen, J. Guo, and F. Yang, “Phonon-energy-coupling enhancement: Strengthening the chemical bonds of the SiO2/Si system,” Appl. Phys. Lett. vol. 88, no. 8, 082905, 2006.
- C. B. Samantaray and Z. Chen, “Reduction of Gate Leakage Current of HfSiON Dielectrics through Enhanced Phonon-Energy Coupling,” Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 89, 162903 (2006).
- Z. Chen, J. Guo, and P. Ong, “Evidence for Energy Coupling from the Si-D Vibration Mode to the Si-Si and Si-O vibration Modes at the SiO2/Si Interface”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 83, 2150-2152 (2003).
- C. Lu, Z. Chen, and V. Singh, “Highly hydrogen-sensitive SnO2 nanoscale-particle films with platinum electrodes,” Sensors and Actuators B 146, 145-153 (2010).
- 4. Chi Lu and Zhi Chen, “High-Temperature Resistive Hydrogen Sensor Based on Thin Nanoporous Rutile TiO2 Film on Anodic Aluminum Oxide,” Sensors and Actuators B 140, 109–115 (2009).
- H. G. Zhang and Z. Chen, “A Horizontally Aligned One-Dimensional Carbon Nanotube Array on a Si Substrate,” J. Electrochem. Soc., vol. 154, H124-H126 (2007).
- D. W. Gong, C. A. Grimes, R. S. Singh, O. K. Varghese, Z. Chen, W. C. Hu and E. C. Dickey, “Titanium Oxide Nanotube Arrays Prepared By Anodic Oxidation,” J. Mater. Res. vol. 16, pp. 3331-3334 (2001).