James R. Boyd Professor in Electrical Engineering
Research Areas: Applied machine vision, control systems, Manufacturing processes, robotic welding
University of Kentucky, College of Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering - ECE
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering/Welding Major, Harbin Institute of Technology (China)
M.S. Electrical Engineering/Control Major, Harbin Institute of Technology
B.S. Electrical Engineering/Control Major, Harbin Institute of Technology
July 2005-present Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
August 1998-June 2005 Associate Professor, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
Feb. 1991-July 1998 Visiting Scholar, Center for Robotics and Manufacturing Systems, University of Kentucky
December 1990-Feb 1991 Associate Professor, Harbin Institute of Technology
Sept. 1998-Nov. 1990 Lecturer, Harbin Institute of Technology
Sept. 1984- August 1986 Junior Lecturer, Harbin Institute of Technology
- Z.Z. Wang and Y.M. Zhang, “Brightness based selection and edge detection based enhancement separation algorithm for low resolution metal transfer images,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 6(1): 181-187, 2009.
- Kehai Li and Y.M Zhang, “Consumable Double-Electrode GMAW Part II: Monitoring, Modeling, and Control,” Welding Journal, 87(2): 44s-50s, 2008.
- H.S. Song, Y.M. Zhang, “Three-dimensional Reconstruction of Specular Surface for Gas Tungsten Arc Weld Pool,” Measurement Science & Technology, 18: 3751-3767, 2007.
- K.H. Li and Y.M. Zhang, “Metal transfer in double-electrode gas metal arc welding,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 129(6): 991-999, 2007.
- Y.M. Zhang and Y.C. Liu, “Control of dynamic keyhole process,” Automatica, 43(5): 876-884, 2007.