Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
B.S. Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T.)-Delhi, India
2000-present Robinson Chair Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
June 2007-June 2013, and July 2001-June 2005 Director, Center for Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CeNSE), University of Kentucky
2000-2007 Chairman, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
1993-1999 Schellenger Chair Professor and Director, Electronic Devices Laboratory, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Univ. of Texas at El Paso
1990-1999 Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Univ. of Texas at El Paso
1983- 1990 Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Univ. of Texas at El Paso
1983-1985 President, Photon Energy Inc, El Paso, TX
1981-1983 Manager of Materials and Device Research, Photon Power Inc
1980-1981 Section Head of Device Development, Photon Power Inc
1976-1980 Research Engineer, Photon Power Inc
1974-1976 Associate Scientist, Institute of Energy Conversion, University of Delaware
1970-1973 Research Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota
1968-1970 Teaching Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- “Cadmium sulfide nanowire arrays for window layer applications in solar cells”, by Hongmei Dang, Vijay Singh, Suresh Rajaputra, Sai Guduru, Jianhao Chen, Bhavananda Nadimpally, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Volume 126, July 2014, pp 184-191
- “Site-specific growth of CdS nanostructures”, by Bresin, Matthew; Nadimpally, Bhavananda; Nehru, Neha; Hastings, Jeffrey; Singh, Vijay, Nanotechnology, Vol. 24, Issue. 50, 505305 (7 pp), 11/27/2013
- “Cadmium sulfide nanowires for the window semiconductor layer in thin film CdS–CdTe solar cells”, Piao Liu, Vijay P. Singh, Carlos A. Jarro and Suresh Rajaputra, Nanotechnology, 22 (2011) 145304 (9pp)
- “Barrier layer non-uniformity effects in anodized aluminum oxide nanopores on ITO substrates”, Piao Liu, Vijay P. Singh, Suresh Rajaputra, Nanotechnology, 21 (2010) 115303
- “Analysis of Contact Degradation in CdS-CdTe Heterojunction Solar Cells,” V. P. Singh, O. M. Erickson and J.’N. Chao, Journal of Applied Physics, vol.78, no.7, October 1995, pp. 4538-4542.
- “Copper indium diselenide nanowire arrays by electrodeposition in porous alumina templates”, Sovannary Phok, Suresh Rajaputra and Vijay P Singh, Nanotechnology 18 (2007) 475601
- “Porous alumina templates and nanostructured CdS for thin film solar cell applications”, Alberto Aguilera, Vivekanand Jayaraman, Srikalyan Sanagapalli, R. Suresh Singh, Visweswaran Jayaraman, Karen Sampson, and Vijay P. Singh, Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, 90, pp. 713-726, 2006.
- “Characterization of High Photo voltage CuPc- Based Organic Solar Cell Structures”, V.P. Singh, B. Parthasarathy, R.S. Singh, A. Aguilera, John Anthony and M. Payne, Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, 90, pp. 798-812, 2006 .
- “Copper Phthalocyanine-Based Organic Solar Cells With High Open Circuit Voltage”, V.P. Singh, R. S. Singh, B. Parthasarathy, A. Aguilera, J. Anthony and M. Payne, Applied Physics Letters, 86, 082106 1-3, 21 Feb 2005.
- “MWNT-Polymer nanocomposites as highly sensitive and selective room temperature gas sensors“, Raghu Mangu, Suresh Rajaputra, and Vijay P. Singh, Nanotechnology 22 (2011) 215502.