B.S.M.E., Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of Minnesota, Institute of Technology, Minneapolis, MN, 1983
S.M.M.E., Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 1985
Ph.D., Bioengineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, 1995
Research Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering, University of Kentucky, 2010-present
Research Associate Professor, Neurosurgery Department, University of Kentucky, 2010-present
Joint Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, 2009
Research Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering, TEES, Texas A&M University, 2007-2012
Adjunct Associate Professor, Physical Therapy Department, University of Southern California, 2006-2007
Research Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering School, University of Southern California, 2003-2007
Associate Professor of Research, Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2003-2005
Research Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering School, University of Southern California, 2003
Assistant Professor of Research, Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1994-2003
- Hedman, T, Saito, H., Vo, C. and Chuang, S-Y, Exogenous crosslinking increases the stability of spinal motion segments, Spine 31(15):E480-485,2006.
- Chuang, S-Y, Odono, R.M., Hedman, T.P., Effects of exogenous crosslinking on in vitro tensile and compressive moduli of lumbar intervertebral discs, Clinical Biomechanics, 22(1):14-20, 2007.
- Slusarewicz, P., Zhu, K., Kirking, B., Toungate, J., Hedman, T., Optimization of protein crosslinking formulations for the treatment of degenerative disc disease, Spine, 36(1):E7-13, 2011.
- Slusarewicz, P, Zhu, K, Hedman, T, Kinetic characterization and comparison of various protein crosslinking reagents suitable for tissue engineering, J Mater Sci Mater Med., 21(4):1175-81, 2010.
- Chuang, S-Y, Lin, L-C, Hedman, T.P., The influence of exogenous crosslinking and compressive creep loading on intradiscal pressure, Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 9(5):533-538, 2010.
- Zhu, K, Slusarewicz, P, Hedman, T, Thermal analysis reveals differential effects of various crosslinkers on bovine annulus fibrosis, J Orthop Res., 29(1):8-13, 2011.
- Chuang, S-Y, Popovich, JM, Lin, L-C, Wang, S-J, Hedman, T, The effects of exogenous crosslinking on hydration and fluid flow in the intervertebral disc subjected to compressive creep loading and unloading spine, Spine, 35(24):E1362-6, 2010.
- Popovich, J.M., Yau, D, Chuang, S-Y, Hedman, T., Exogenous collagen crosslinking of the intervertebral disc restores joint stability following lumbar posterior decompression surgery, Spine, 36(12):1-6, 2011.
- Slusarewicz, P., Zhu, K. and Hedman, T., Studies on the degradation of genipin in aqueous solution, Natural Products Communications, 5(12):1853-8, 2010.
- Welcher, J.W., Popovich, J.M., Hedman, T.P., Development of a versatile intra-articular pressure sensing array, Journal of Medical Engineering and Physics, 33(8):950-6, 2011.