Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering: 1991, University of Illnois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, 1987, University of Illnois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, honors, May 1987, McGill
Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 2001 to present.
Visiting Professor, Alpha Omega Electromagnetics, LLC, Ellicott-City, MD, 2004-2005
Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY1997-2001
Visiting Professor, Hughes Research Laboratories, Malibu, CA, 1996-1997
Summer Faculty Fellow, Jet Propulsion Laboratories, 1992, 1993
Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY1991-1997
US Army Corp of Engineers, Construction Engineering Research Laboratory, Champain, IL 1985-1987
Over 120 publications in peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
- A. Zhu, S. D. Gedney, and J. L. Visher, “A study of combined field formulations for material scattering for a locally corrected Nyström discretization,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, pp. 4111 – 4120, vol. 53, December 2005.
- A. Zhu, R. J. Adams, F. X. Canning, and S. D. Gedney, “Sparse Solution of an Integral Equation Formulation of Scattering from Open PEC Targets,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, pp. 476-480, vol. 48, No. 3, March 2006.
- A. Zhu, R. J. Adams, F. X. Canning, and S. D. Gedney, “Schur Factorization of the Impedance Matrix in a Localizing Basis,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 20, pp. 351-362, no. 3, February 2006.
- W.-H Tang and S.D. Gedney, “An Efficient Evaluation of Near Singular Surface Integrals”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1583 – 1586, August 2006.
- S. D. Gedney, W. H. Tang, R. Hanneman, J. Hannemann, and P. Petre, “Quadrature Sampled Pre-Corrected FFT for the analysis of Circuits in Layered Media,” Electromagnetics, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 109 – 122, Feb. – April, 2007
- C. T. Wolfe, and S. D. Gedney, “Preconditioning the FETI Method for Acclerating the Solution of Large EM Scattering Problems,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, accepted for publication, vol. 7, pp. 175-178, 2007.
- W.-H Tang and S.D. Gedney, “An efficient application of the DCIM for Quasi-3D microwave circuits in layered media,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 1723 – 1729, August 2007.
- C. T. Wolfe, and S. D. Gedney, “Implementation of a Domain Decomposition Method on a High Performance Parallel Platform for the Solution of Large Electromagnetic Problems,” Electromagnetics, vol. 27, No. 2-3, pp. 109-122, Feb-Apr. 2007.
- Y. Xu, X., Xu, R. J. Adams, S. D. Gedney, F. X. Canning, “Sparse direct solution of the electric field integral equation using nonoverlapped localizing LOGOS modes,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp 303-307, 2008.
- R. Martin, D. Komatitsch, and S. D. Gedney “A Variational Formulation of a Stabilized Unsplit Convolutional Perfectly Matched Layer for The Isotropic or Anisotropic Seismic Wave Equation,” CMES-Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 274-304, Dec. 2008.
- R. J. Adams, Y. Xu, X. Xu, J.-S. Choi, S. D. Gedney, and F. X. Canning, “Modular fast direct electromagnetic analysis using local-global solution modes,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 2427-2441, Aug. 2008.
- S. D. Gedney, C. Luo, J. A. Roden, R. D. Crawford, B. Guernsey, J. A. Miller, T. Kramer, E. W. Lucas, “The Discontinuous Galerkin Finite-Element Time-Domain Method Solution of Maxwell’s Equations,” Applied Computational Electromagnetic Journal, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 129-142, April 2009.
- S. D. Gedney & B. Zhao, “An Auxiliary Differential Equation Formulation for the Complex-Frequency Shifted PML,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 838-847, March 2010.
- R. Martin, D. Komatitsch, S. D. Gedney, “A High-Order Time and Space Formulation of the Unsplit Perfectly Matched Layer for the Seismic Wave Equation Using Auxiliary Differential Equations (ADE-PML),” CMES – Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 17-41, January 2010.