University of Washington Computer Engineering B.S. (summa cum laude) 1992
University of California, Berkeley Electrical Engineering Ph.D. 2002
Lawrence Livermore National Lab. Scientific Data Mining Post-doctoral 2002-2004
2010 – Present Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
2004 – Present Faculty, Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments, University of Kentucky
2004 – 2010 Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
2002 – 2004 Postdoctoral Researcher, Center for Applied Scientific Computing, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
1998 – 2002 Research Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley
1995 – 1998 Research Engineer, VTEL (formerly Compression Labs), San Jose, California
1992 – 1995 Research Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley
- Parachuri, J., S.-C. Cheung and M. Hail. 2009. Video data-hiding for managing privacy information in surveillance systems. EURASIP Journal on Information Security, Volume 2009, Article 236139.
- S. Yee, Y. Lou, J. Zhao and S.-C. Cheung. 2009. Anonymous Biometric Access Control. EURASIP Journal on Information Security, Volume 2009, Article 865259.
- M., V. Venkatesh, S.-C. Cheung and J. Zhao. 2009. Efficient Object-Based Video Inpainting. In Pattern Recognition Letter, Special Issue on Video-based Object and Event Analysis, Volume 30, Issue 2, January 2009, pp. 168-179.
- Zhao, J., S.-C. Cheung and T. Nguyen. 2008. Optimal Camera Network Configurations for Visual Tagging. In IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing: special issue on distributed processing in vision networks, Volume 2, Number 4, August 2008, pp. 464-479.
- Nguyen, T., K. Kolazhi, R. Kamath, S.-C. Cheung, D. Tran. 2008. Efficient Multimedia Distribution in Source Constraint Networks. In IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Volume 10, Issue 3, April 2008, pp. 523-537.
- Tullimas, S., T. Nguyen, R. Edgecomb, S.-C. Cheung. 2008. Multimedia Streaming Using Multiple TCP Connections. In ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications Volume 4, Issue 2, May 2008, pp. 12:1-12:20
- Cheung, S.-C. and T. Nguyen. 2007. Secure Signal Processing between Distrusted Network Terminals. EURASIP Journal on Information Security, special issue on signal processing in the Encrypted Domain. Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 51368.
- Cheung, S.-C. and C. Kamath. 2005. Robust Background Subtraction With Foreground Validation for Urban Traffic Video. In EURASIP Journal of Applied Signal Processing, New York, NY: Hindawi Publishing Co., Volume 14, pp. 1-11, August 2005.
- Cheung, S.-C. and A. Zakhor. 2005. Fast similarity search and clustering of video sequences on the world-wide-web. In IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. Piscataway, NJ:IEEE. 7(3):524-538.
- Cheung, S.-C. and A. Zakhor. 2003. Efficient video similarity measurement with video signature. In IEEE Transactions on Circuits, and Systems for Video Technology. Piscataway. NJ:IEEE. 13 (1):59-74.