Ph.D. – Chemical Engineering, University of Kentucky, 1999
B.S. – Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University, 1994
2009-Present Interim Director, Kentucky-Argonne Battery Manufacturing R&D Center
2007-Present Director, Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky.
2006-2007 Acting Director, Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky.
2003-2006 Associate Director and Engineer Associate Program Manager II Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky.
2003-2007 Assistant Adjunct Professor, Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky.
2001-2003 Assoc.Engineer III, Center for Applied Energy Research, UKy
1999-2001 Associate Engineer II- Research, Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky.
Jan. 1997 & Dec. 1995 Visiting Researcher, Institute for Advanced Materials Studies, Kyushu University, Kyushu, Japan.
- Meier MS, Andrews R, Jacques D, Cassity KB, Qian D. Tearing open nitrogen-doped multiwalled carbon nanotubes. Journal of Materials Chemistry. 2008;18(35):4143-5.
- Majumder M, Zhan X, Andrews R, Hinds BJ. Voltage gated carbon nanotube membranes. Langmuir. 2007;23(16):8624-31.
- Hinds BJ, Chopra N, Rantell T, Andrews R, Gavalas V, Bachas LG. Aligned multiwalled carbon nanotube membranes. Science. 2004; 303(5654):62-5.
- Qian D, Andrews R, Jacques D, Kichambare P, Lian G, Dickey EC. Low-temperature synthesis of large-area CNx nanotube arrays. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 2003; 3(1-2):93-7.
- Andrews R, Jacques D, Qian D, Rantell T. Multiwall carbon nanotubes: Synthesis and application. Accounts of Chemical Research. 2002; 35(12):1008-17.
- Ni B, Andrews R, Jacques D, Qian D, Wijesundara MBJ, Choi Y, et al. A combined computational and experimental study of ion-beam modification of carbon nanotube bundles. Journal of Physical Chemistry B. 2001; 105(51):12719-25.
- Dickey EC, Grimes CA, Jain MK, Ong KG, Qian D, Kichambare PD, et al. Visible photoluminescence from ruthenium-doped multiwall carbon nanotubes. Applied Physics Letters. 2001; 79(24):4022-4.
- Sinnott SB, Andrews R. Carbon nanotubes: Synthesis, properties, and applications. Critical Reviews in Solid State and Materials Sciences. 2001; 26(3).
- Andrews R, Jacques D, Qian D, Dickey EC. Purification and structural annealing of multiwalled carbon nanotubes at graphitization temperatures. Carbon. 2001; 39(11):1681-7.
- Andrews R, Jacques D, Rao AM, Derbyshire F, Qian D, Fan X, et al. Continuous production of aligned carbon nanotubes: A step closer to commercial realization. Chemical Physics Letters. 1999; 303(5-6):467-74