Alfred University, Alfred, NY, Ceramic Engineering/Physics-Minor B.S., 1998
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, Materials Science and Engineering Ph.D., 2003
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, Postdoc 2004-2006
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Kentucky, 2006-present
ASEE/ONR Summer Research Faculty, Naval Research Lab, Summer 2009.
- S. O. Leontsev*, and R.E. Eitel#, “Origin and Magnitude of the Large Piezoelectric Response in the Leadfree (1-x)BiFeO3-xBaTiO3 Solid Solution,” Journal of Materials Research, accepted (2010).
- Topical Review: S. O. Leontsev*, and R.E. Eitel#, “Process in engineering high strain lead-free piezoelectric ceramics,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials,11 044302 (2010).
- W. Zhang*, and R. E. Eitel#, “Biostability of LTCC Materials for Microfluidic and Biomedical Devices,” Journal Applied Ceramic Technology, accepted, (2010).
S.W. Gotmare*, S. O. Leontsev*#, and R.E. Eitel, “Thermal degradation and aging of high temperature piezoelectric ceramics” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 93  pp1965-9, (2010). http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/123314953/abstract
- Seung-Ho Park, Amanda Baker, Richard E. Eitel, Clive A. Randall, and Kenji Uchino#, “Active optical fiber alignment with a piezoelectric ultrasonic motor integrated into Low Temperature Cofired Ceramics (LTCC)” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 21, pp569-79, (2010). http://jim.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/21/4/469
- S. O. Leontsev*#, and R. E. Eitel, “Dielectric and Piezoelectric properties in Mn-Modified (1-x)BiFeO3- xBaTiO3 Ceramics,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 92  pp2957-61, (2009). http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122604759/abstract
- N. S. Satarkar, W. Zhang*, R. E. Eitel, J. Z. Hilt#, “Magnetic Hydrogel Nanocomposites as Remote Controlled Microfluidic Valves,” Lab on a Chip, 9, pp 1773-9, (2009). http://www.rsc.org/publishing/journals/LC/article.asp?doi=b822694f#
- R. E. Eitel#, C. A. Randall, “Octahedral Tilt-Suppression of Ferroelectric Domain Wall Dynamics and the Associated Piezoelectric Activity in Pb(Zr,Ti)O3,” Physical Review B, 75  094106 (2007). http://prb.aps.org/abstract/PRB/v75/i9/e094106
- R. E. Eitel#, T. R. Shrout & C. A. Randall, “Nonlinear Contributions to the Dielectric Permittivity and Converse Piezoelectric Coefficient in Piezoelectric Ceramics,” Journal of Applied Physics, 99 , 124110 (2006). http://jap.aip.org/japiau/v99/i12/p124110_s1
- C. A. Randall#, R. E. Eitel, T. R. Shrout & A. Kelnberger, “High Strain Piezoelectric Multilayer Actuators -A Materials Science and Engineering Challenge,” Journal of Electroceramics, 14  177-91 (2005). http://www.springerlink.com/content/n6l5537253465271/