Research Areas: Defect-related Properties in Materials for Energy/Environment/Health, Design and Development of Advanced Electrochemical Devices, Electrical and Chemical Transport Properties in Ionic Solids, Electrochemical Surfaces/Interfaces
University of Kentucky, College of Engineering
Iran University of Science & Technology, Tehran, Iran B.Sc. 2002
Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran M.Sc. 2004
Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research and University of Stuttgart, Germany Ph.D 2011
2014-present: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
2011-2014: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Environmental Energy Technologies Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA
2005-2006: Project Engineer, Advanced Materials Industrial Development Company (AMIDCo.), Tehran
- M. Shirpour, J. Cabana, M. Doeff, “Lepidocrocite-type layered titanate structures: New lithium and sodium ion intercalation anode materials”, Chem. Mater., 2014, 26 (8), pp 2502–2512.
- M. Shirpour, J. Cabana, M. Doeff , “New anode materials based on a layered sodium titanate for dual Na and Li intercalation systems”, Energy & Environmental Science, 2013, 6, 2538-2547.
- M. Shirpour, G. Gregori, L. Houben, R. Merkle, and J. Maier, “High spatially resolved cation concentration profile at the grain boundaries of Sc-doped BaZrO3”, Solid State Ionics, 262 (2014) 860-864.
- M. Shirpour, B. Rahmati, W. Sigle, P. A. van Aken, R. Merkle, and J. Maier, “Dopant segregation and space charge effects in proton-conducting BaZrO3 perovskites”, J. Phys. Chem. C 2012, 116, 2453–2461.
- M. Shirpour, C.T. Lin, R. Merkle, and J. Maier, “Nonlinear electrical grain boundary properties in proton conducting Y-BaZrO3 supporting the space charge depletion model”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2012, 14 (2), 730-740.
- F. Giannici, M. Shirpour, A.Longo, A. Martorana, R. Merkle, and J. Maier, “Long-range and short-range structure of proton-conducting Y: BaZrO3”, Chemistry of Materials, 2011, 23, 2994–3002.
- M. Shirpour, G. Gregori, R. Merkle, and J. Maier, “On the proton conductivity in pure and gadolinium doped nanocrystalline cerium oxide”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2011, 13 (3), 937-940.
- M. Shirpour, M.A. Faghihi Sani, and A. Mirhabibi, “Synthesis and study of a new class of red pigments based on perovskite YAlO3 structure”, Ceramics International 33 (2007) 1427-1433.
Scientific Video Journal Article
- “Characterization of Electrode Materials for Lithium Ion and Sodium Ion Batteries Using Synchrotron Radiation Techniques”, J. Vis. Exp. (81) e50594. doi:10.3791/50594 (2013).