1998 Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (Advisor: Kenneth H. Stokoe II)
1994 M.S.E., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (Advisor: Kenneth H. Stokoe II)
1985 B.Sc., Geophysical Engineering (Geology Minor), Colorado School of Mines
2007-present Associate Professor, University of Kentucky
2002-2007 Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky
2000-2001 Senior Staff Engineer, GeoSyntec Consultants
1999 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Norwegian Geotechnical Institute
1992-1898 Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant, University of Texas at Austin
1989-1991 Exploration Geophysicist, Shell Oil Company
1986-1988 Exploration Geophysicist, Tenneco Oil Company
- Kalinski, M. E., Karem, W. A., and Little, L. M., ”Correlation of Hydrocompression Potential to Dry Unit Weight and Moisture Content for Mine Spoils from a Site in Eastern Kentucky,” International Journal of Mining, Reclamation, and Environment , Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 350-362 (2010).
- Kalinski, M. E., “Effect of Vibroseis Arrays on Ground Vibrations: a Numerical Study,” Journal of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics, Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 281-287 (2007).
- Supranata, Y. E., Kalinski, M. E., and Ye, Q., “Improving the Uniqueness of Surface Wave Inversion Using Multiple-Mode Dispersion Data,” International Journal of Geomechanics, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 333-343 (2007).
- Karem, W. A., Kalinski, M. E., and Hancher, D. E., “Settlement of Mine Spoil Fill from Water Infiltration: A Case Study in Eastern Kentucky,” Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 345-350 (2007).
- Kalinski, M. E., and Pentapati, D. P., “Numerical Simulation of the Dynamic Behavior of a Geofoam Embankment,” Transportation Research Record, Transportation Research Board, No. 1975, pp. 89-95 (2006).
- Kalinski, M. E., and Yerra, P. K., “Hydraulic Conductivity of Cement-Stabilized Fly Ash,” Fuel, Elsevier, Vol. 85, No. 16, pp. 2330-2336 (2006).
- Hardin, B. O., and Kalinski, M. E., “Estimating the Shear Modulus of Gravelly Soils,” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 131, No. 7, pp. 867-875 (2005).
- Kalinski, M. E., and Hippley, B. T., “The Effect of Water Content and Cement Content on the Strength of Portland Cement-Stabilized Compacted Fly Ash,” Fuel, Elsevier, Vol. 84, No. 14-15, pp. 1812-1819 (2005).
- Kalinski, M. E., Bicudo, J. R., Hippley, B. T., and Nanduri, S. R., “Development of Construction Specifications and Quality Assurance Criteria for Compacted Fly Ash-Cement Feedlot Pads,” Applied Engineering in Agriculture, American Society of Agricultural Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 493-503 (2005).
- Kalinski, M. E., and Vemuri, S. C., (2005), “A Geophysical Approach to Construction Quality Assurance Testing of Compacted Soils Using Electrical Conductivity Measurements,” Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics: Geotechnical Special Publication No. 133, American Society of Civil Engineers.